England~Rolls Royce

Asbo

Hi lads. Got a call to ask if i'd go in to base at 4 or 5am to take a Roller to englandshire tomorrow. details a bit sketchy at mo,but lookin like glasgow to mansfield(i thot she was a filmstar fae alans era) ;D

anyways,giz a wave if yers see an auld roller on the back of a 911 recovery truck....highly visible as marked up like the polis wae blue n yellow reflective battenburg.also open to bribes of mugs of tea if anyone needs anythin shifted on route.(cant detract from route as i got rumbled for interfering with the tracker in a past life) ::) wasnt a big deal,used that old chestnut....'a big guy did it and ran away' ;D ;D

off to bed,i'll see what,if anythin posted int mornin.

HolyCount

Baloo":3le37blk said:
Asbo":3le37blk said:
Hi lads. giz a wave if yers see an auld roller on the back of a 911 recovery truck

"911  recovery truck"  very porshe    ::)

ive just put a deposit down on a new porsche and thought id mention it on facebook..i cant understand why the americans got so upset..all i said was "cant wait for the new 911 " however 4000 pakis have added me as a friend...

Asbo

jeez,id be snorin like a pig if i didnt have to get up early.

the 911 is ref the american emerg. svcs phone number sir,but gotta hand it to the count for the joke  ;D ;D

Asbo

Mini Mad Max":2trn3egv said:
I'll be in after 6pm if you're still down by then ;D

dont even go there sir max lol

left work at 5am,loaded. got to 9 miles from destination and had to take tacho break,after which,on a check of truck,i discovered a rear puncture. asked a lass at the roadside what town i was in(found out later the tomtom coulda told me)and was met with blank stares,so the bold me,thinkin she maybe polish or summit,talks to her very slowly whilst handin her a map.job done,seems i was talkin too fast.....message sent,location etc passed to tyre company. after an hour-odds,tyre guy turns up with mayo on his lips(never a good sign),informing me that he was hoping to get an extended lunch break until he got the job and didnt speak a word of scotenglish,found that puncture caused by half a housebrick wedged between tyres. obviously,it had eaten into one and damaged the wall of the other,so had to wait on another bloke bringin another tyre. got both fitted,bobs yer uncle,good to go....then heard air escapin. informed said nottinghamcestershire bloke who diagnosed a faulty valve thing but had to remove the wheels again,remove a tyre,then refit along with valve housing thing. all this and im parked in a bus layby with traffic wardens circling like vultures in a not too desirable area,sure that i could hear banjo's playin in the distance along with the distant sound of shotguns blasting and getting the odd whiff of cordite.where the 'in-thing' in home improvement was either metal sheet or marine-ply curtains.it gets worse....considering i've got lord fontelroy's(made up name)roller on the bed and having been duly informed by said tyre fitter that he was surprised the natives hadnt swiped the alloys off it while i was sat there! work then called to say i had to take the tyres back to base with me,but on asking,couldnt furnish me with a reply as to where to put them,cause they sure as thingmy werent going in my cab and with a roller on,there was no room on the lorry bed. so,moved car back,popped the tyres in front,behind the flyer and got on the road again.....after about 4hours in that bloody lay-by..... went about a mile followin the posh lady from radio four on the tom tom only to find a main road closed for resurfacing. and could i find an alternative route? yes,after much faffing about/swearing etc at tom tom.anyway,8miles later,arrived at destination and duly unloaded the chaps car to his local garage which was also a barn on a farm. asked the guy for a shot of his bog and was pointed towards a wall outside,where incidentally,i found the probable source of the gun shots from earlier....a load of nutters banging sticks off things and wee burds gettin ther ar*es blasted off. weird,but hey ho. cleared the job on computer,started heading home and received a 'return to base message'....again,weird,as i was headin home,.....the return journey...had a woman kind of half overtake me and proceeded to return to MY lane whilst i was still using it....forcing me to either take evasive action and let her hear what a 107decibel train horn sounds like...or let her hit me. i chose the former,but only because i couldnt be bothered with the hassle of fillin in forms and taking pictures. anyway,its a recovery truck,i pick up wrecks,not help make them. said idiot woman then proceeded to give me the finger...for reasons unknown,as i had just saved her a loada hassle and a trip to a&e!! got trampin on,up the A1,popped in for fuel and yes,my fuel card was comin up as suspended or summit. after a few threats,or persuasively worded comments,the chap tried again and the transaction went through. unwise i know,but i had received a few funny texts,so proceeded to forward them to mates etc. i then received a threatening text from an 'irate boyfriend' for texting his lady with inappropriate smutty texts...he threatened me,i laughed,gave him cheek etc,unto which he called me,turned out to be a workmate having a laff(i hadnt text any femmes anyway) next came the call from the tyre company,informing me(after a lot of swearing etc)that the police would stop me for theft if i didnt return to the scene and pay for the tyres....much arguing ensued,told the guy to take his face for a sh*t...at which point he burst out laughing......another workmate withholding his number! by this point i was ready for anything,but with only 120 miles to go,i pulled into a layby at penrith,had 2hours kip then drove home....incident free.

so,max,i wasnt as far south as you on M6 and i didnt get home till after 11pm,but i'll bear it in mind for next time....IF there ever is a next time.  ;D ;D

HolyCount

Good Grief !! That must rank among the longest posts on here (without piccies) !

Sounds like you had an interesting day !!!  Should have stuck the tyres on the back seat of the roller -- that would have gone down well with the owner !!!!!  ...kidding!

Happy Days ;D

Asbo

lol sir count from very far down the UK. #1 weirdnut tyrefitter actually sugg'd puttin them in the boot of said motor but it was just a tad small for even one of them! can i ask sir,...does one prefer count or bluey as a nic. ;D

anyway..................due to technical difficulties and a ban on slagging off guys with big ears which has just been lifted,i am now able to say that tyre fitter #1 looked a bit like an extra from 'zombies,return of the dead' and #2 looked like a cross between quasimodo and that queer lookin 'fella' from 'priscilla,queen of the desert'. both have now been re-captured and are available to view in pen number 53 at whipsnade zoo. on the subject of long paragraphs Danny,is it possible for one to inform one,exactly how long the longest post/paragraph on this great wee site aboot buggies actually is? and,to show that i'm not biased in any way,how short is the shortest? also,to include those of us that dont have an 'anykey' or a flux capacitor,could you include a paragraph of 'tick here if you agree to these terms'to include i promise to use the queens english and use my spellchecker? obviously,i'll be excluded,merely for the fact that i dont live in your wonderful country. i am scottish,from scotland. or polish, from halfords. that was a cracking joke from a polish driver at copart the other day,but i'll not bore you with it. life is too short and,well,by the time you've read this,maggie thatcher will be a devious old cow that shut down every industry north of carlisle,had miners fightin in the streets and bin men refusin to lift any rubbish for less than a decent days coin. oi you nutcase i hear you cry.....shuttit and get tae yer bed? well,oh lordy,that time has come again......vote here for who you would like to....erm....whatever.

goodnite and god bless. ;)

ps....proud of you danny,i'd have did the same mate  ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
Wullie, I refuse to call you Asbo :) There does not have to be a contest for the longest paragraph, you win we all surrender. As to where you were in Robin Hood Land from the sound of it you were in one of the posher areas, in the rougher areas you can't hear the banjo's they've all beeen used for firewood.

Alan...

Asbo

grandad,i refuse to call you alan,believe me sir,made your place look like toxteth! i mean,i know your area is rough,but machine gun turrets on yer roof,a security gate,dobermans an rottweillers runnin around your massive acre-idge,keycode entry system,massive mote(thanks for explainin it wasny just a water filled ditch),armed gaurds,razor wire(sorry for callin it barbed wire before)bla bla bla....honestly,that place was ROUGH! was rougher than my buggy! and,to top it all,even the munsters that sorted my tyres said i couldnt have picked a worse place to pull over. the second guy that came with a tyre(the one with the riot shield and machine gun)even commented that,as i was 'fae glesga' that i'd be used to that kinda location? let me tell ye sir,ive did recovery for years,donkeys ears,and in war zones similar to beiruit,leb,afghanistan and iraq.....parts of the big city.... scotlands REAL capital....and i'm talkin castlemilk/easterhouse/pollokstan/bangla shields/mary hill etc. and ive never had to endure such circumstances. even the pensioners on their mobility scoots had wheelie bars fitted....wits that awe aboot? irn-bru 32. jammin.anyway,ive prob got the longest post award stitched up,so i'll cut this one short with a few thanks to the guys that make this place the great wee community that it is. apologies to anyone i miss out,ive got a head like a sivv (spellcheck that,mister car dealer,try take advantage of us? you know who you are,hang your head in shame),so,its goodnite from me. AND ITS GOODNITE FROM ME/HIM.

**soz,cant be bothered typin,my typin finger gettin sore,but you know who you are anyway,and i hope,in my heart that yer all at least smilin? yes max,i meant you as well,and bluey,jas-l,thon jamie guy fae up north,dundee bloke,all the dudes fae here tae lands end,and last and least,the chav plasterer fae down under. THATS PROMISED ME A SOUVINEER KINDA. rocket