Evenin'

CAW

Hi yes it was a shame about MB, some came to have a mooch I think but not sure If there still about.

Andy

collie

I stubled accross it some time ago, it was a dot co dot uk site called muddy buggy.
Some time ago at a previous on-line club I used to frequent had a rival website with an extremely similar name launched, it was deliberately designed to pull away members and was created by an ex disgruntled member, the venture failed and all members returned to the original site.
I'm not saying this is the same, but sites with very similar names make you ask questions don't they?

Please excuse my ramblings and welcome... :)

CAW

Hi, I was a member of MB and came on here well before It closed down, I started mooching here when I was offered the fake one in the back end of 2010.

The other MB was a different set up, It was any buggy type to go and have fun and get muddy or race around a field, It was when it got going a while more people heard about / found it on the internet it attracted more members with road going buggys.

It is a great shame It closed down .....In the end it's all about people

Andy

Danny

Administrator
welcome along :)

Dont think we have ever had any disgruntled members.... well none that I know of :)

Danny

collie

It was a poor example but just reminded me of what happened in this other club, I'm constantly disgruntled, I need to win the Lotto so I can spend more time building my buggy! :p

offroad 68

Muddybuggy was set up by the same guy who ran muddyzook, I assume to keep it as part of the same family not to pull members from this site. He got it up and running but never told any one about it so it just sat there not getting used but he also had a buggy section on muddyzook which seemed a bit shoved up a corner to me so I looked for other UK sites to post on.

I came on this site and posted about the more off road side of things (honda pilot, comp safari etc) but there never seemed to be that much interest, most of the members were more interested in road going buggys, not a complaint each to there own.
I asked the Muddyzook forum owner to re launch his Muddybuggy site and I would put in the effort to get it established which I did to the point of it becoming an obsession ;D It would be fair to say there was a bit to much falling out on that forum and a lot of it was to do with me ;) but the day I switched on my computer to find threats of "LEGAL" action by a member against me and the forum owner ( I am biting my tongue here for the good of this forum ) who always gave as good as he got left me in shock, this left the forum owner with no option but to close down the forum.

As I see it muddybuggie and muddybuggy when running were covering different aspects of buggys. I would have chosen a different name but it was not up to me, I hope this clears it up.

''Left a Bit''

So, do the lawyers get first refusal, or do they have to go to the back of the queue of people you've upset? ;D

Yeah, the reason I didn't join up here is pretty much it's a road legal biased forum, I can't really see how the other could be said to be deliberately taking people from here as it's a different set of buggies compared to what this site appears to be aimed at?
Anyway, seems there's only one left, so here'll do for buggy addiction ;)

Danny

Administrator
Yeah the site did go more to the road legal side of things but then we followed the trend... If more people wanted MUDDY then we would go along the muddy route etc :)

As you say each to their own :)

Buggy addiction is exactly the point :)

''Left a Bit''

offroad 68":1i888xrh said:
Windscreens are for wimps ;D You will be fitting A heater and air con next :eek:

Hah, I'll make you laugh, have you not seen inside Marks black car?

after2-1.jpg

Yes, he had me fit a heater....