feels like cut out

stew_fox

hi guys,

i have a gs moon 260cc buggy and it pulls away fine until around 40mph and then if i press the gas down to the floor it feels like its cutting out, is this where it has no rev limiter and its cutting power to protect the engine?

as far as im aware there is no issues with the buggy, i have had 49mph from her with 2 fully grown adults :) but sometimes it just wont pull past 40/41?? any ideas guys

Thanks

Steves2580

Stew,

That could be anything, from the spark plug failing under pressure, to a fuel/air flow problem.

Does it happen at any other time?

Steve.

Buggybloke

sounds like it's approaching it's max speed/power..... has it been 'tuned' by any inexperienced previous owner? -just chucking on a trick air filter and noisy pipe can alter ther running in an adverse way. To my knowledge they'll only do about 50mph anyway...

stew_fox

i dont think they have done any tuning, its a standard pipe but it does have an aftermarket filter... i also thought that maybe pressing the gas to heavy when its close to topping out would just throw too much fuel in the mix and bog it down a bit? but im not 100% sure, either way 40-45 will do :)