Freestyle at Race Retro in 2008

hmalan

"Stephen Wild, son of Duncan Wild of the BTRDA, in the ABS Freestyle car, which has a 1430cc Mini Sport engine."

Looking at the Race Retro site and saw a picture with the above caption talking about one of the trials at the 2008 show.

Alan T

collie

That little buggy gets everywhere, can't think of a show where I've not seen it!  :D
Here's a link to the article on the Race Retro site:  race retro

Phaeton

Staff member
o o o o o o o o coilover shocks at front & front mounted radiator need to see need to see

Sorry I get excited over the saddest things sometimes.

Alan...

esdebe

Danny and I had a good look at that at MITP last year, he won the prise for the fastest autotest lap (I think he was the only car that did it..)

The bottom arms are home made,  I was going to take some photos to send to you (Alan) as I though tit might be what you were looking for for the K series at the time, but I forgot my camera and my phone battery was running low.

Simon

jason_l

makes me feel better seeing this that the Freestyle GT may work out after all!  ???

Have been talking about having a front mount radiator so i can get some weight to the front! and moving the battery to the passengers foot well.

Bet that thing goes like a rocket!

Mini Mad Max

Yeah there needs to be more weight at the front i agree, so i will suppley the buggy with a big winch. It will never need it ::) Can anyone tell me what the handling and braking is like with the front being so light on the freestyle?
Thanks,
Max

Danny

Administrator
Hmmmmm depends how you drive.... I drive it like I stole it handles well front locks ups often but I drop the tyre pressures and seems a lot better.

Danny

jason_l

Danny":2exitk8n said:
Hmmmmm depends how you drive.... I drive it like I stole it handles well front locks ups often but I drop the tyre pressures and seems a lot better.

Danny

Think i need to refrain from driving like that until i know what its like on the road! Once i know how it handles im going to give it death most of the time!  :D :D :D

All this talk makes me want mine done even more!!!! Im yet to actually drive mine, or have someone else drive me in one!!!

Jason :p

Mini Mad Max

Danny":39b5slxp said:

Danny
Thanks Danny, Hmmmmm my dad did say that it would behave like a porsche and under heavy breaking the front would lock up. But i will toy about with the buggy when it's built ;D

jason_l":39b5slxp said:
Danny":39b5slxp said:

Danny

Think i need to refrain from driving like that until i know what its like on the road! Once i know how it handles im going to give it death most of the time!  :D :D :D

All this talk makes me want mine done even more!!!! Im yet to actually drive mine, or have someone else drive me in one!!!

I know that feeling :-\
Max ( ;))

Phaeton

Staff member
Well Jason, you need to be at Stoneleigh then 1st weekend in May you can have my keys assuming DVLA have got their act together for then.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Sorry for the double post but forgot to add it in the last one, anyone fancy meeting up at this Retro Show on Sunday 15th March, again assuming I have plates by then, first outing of 200 mile round trip might be fun.

Alan...

jason_l

Phaeton":3r2q869c said:
Well Jason, you need to be at Stoneleigh then 1st weekend in May you can have my keys assuming DVLA have got their act together for then.

Alan...

Thanks for the offer Alan, looks like i will have to try and make it along then. Although the GT conversion will be in full swing by then and i will be spending every second of every day working on the conversion.  ;D ;D

Danny

Administrator
I can do that!! only at stoneleigh..... money will be tight though am about to go out in the buggy now!! should be good

Danny

esdebe

I can't make it Alex is having one of his many first birthday partys...  (The one for the polish crowd)

Simon