Freestyle buggy with turbo engine for sale

mud68

Hi All,
Decide to put my buggy up for sale possibly? Have to many other big boys toys and this one has been sat in my garage doing nothing for a while unfortunately.
Bought it off another member (biddleboy) Steve in 2009 a couple of months after he IVA'd it. Drove it every summer and modified it every winter until it ended up with some of the following mods; rear disc conversion, front mounted rad, 1380cc metro turbo engine rebuilt / tuned done less than a 1,000 miles, intercooler, poly bushed, 4 point harness etc. - every thing to go and stop faster. Very quick, handles well, pulls all the way +90mph private road of course.
Winter 2012 took it off road as usual and decided to improve the driving position; shortened and moved the gear linkage back, moved the steering column over so now it's straight in front of you, shortened it and fitted a quick release steering wheel so you can still get out! Shortened the pedals to get more leg room. I'm 6ft tall and now my legs don't hit the steering wheel or gear lever and my arms fit inside the car - if you own one you know what I mean.
I then decided to modify the dash; removed the switches, ignition etc. started to build some 'pods' to house speedo and deflect the wind over my head and never finished it.
So to get it back on the road requires dash sorting out, brake master cylinder seals replaced, and final attachment of steering wheel - it's all there.
Price?? With the turbo engine £3500, with orignal 998cc engine (99% complete / not fitted obviously) £2500.
I'm in no rush to sell, won't sell turbo engine and all ancillaries separately until buggy is sold. Located Tewkesbury (M5 Junc9). Any questions and pictures just ask. Shaun

mud68

Hi, hopefully photos attached, don't have any recent ones of it buried in the garage. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• retro 2012.JPG
    retro 2012.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 10,938

mud68

And another, you can see original switch panel and steering column as it was. Still have the switch panel.

Attachments

• 16072010402 - Copy.jpg
    16072010402 - Copy.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 10,938

mud68

Hi, don't really know. You get a bit of turbo lag from a standing start but once it's spooled up it shift's through the gears. The engine has a big valve head, avonbar cam, lightened flywheel, heavy duty clutch, modified pleneum chamber and dump valve etc. Supposed to be about 110/120 bhp depending on boost, I've never turned it up no need to. Works out roughly as a 220bhp/ tonne more than enough to play with. :)

mud68

Hi, yes the buggy is still for sale. Just sent a PM.
If anyone else is interested please send a PM for a quicker response. Thanks

mud68

it is registered correctly on the V5 as a 'Funbuggy'. It passed it's SVA test Nov 2008. Always garaged and the Buggy has done less than 1,500 miles in that time and the turbo engine has done even less.
PM me if you want any more information. Thanks

Phaeton

Staff member
Striker98 I've sent you a PM see if you can reply, we've not had restrictions before, maybe it's the new software

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":2g18l2xy said:
Striker98 I've sent you a PM see if you can reply, we've not had restrictions before, maybe it's the new software
Shouldn't have any restrictions.. it's the same software as before but I have not modified this one at all

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

mud68

Thanks Danny, Striker98 has managed to PM me.
Netherlands seem to have a shortage of Funbuggy's this is the second person from there to ask about my buggy??

Danny

Administrator
mud68":c3g3zu5l said:
Thanks Danny, Striker98 has managed to PM me.
Netherlands seem to have a shortage of Funbuggy's this is the second person from there to ask about my buggy??
Yup... think a few have gone over there

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk