Freestyle Funbuggy - Brand new engine and gearbox - built in 2008

slyoldfox2001

I will let the pics do most of the talking.

Fully road legal and SVA'd mini based kit car.

Brand new 1293cc Engine with fast road cam and polished and ported head. Unleaded converted.
Fully overhauled gearbox with 3.7 Diff

Will have full MOT at point of sale.

13x8 Alleycats

Digital dash

Cobra seats

Brand new 4 Core Radiator

R6 exhaust

Polycarb screen fitted (after photos were taken)

New bespoke wiring loom.

Bespoke fuel tank that fits behind the seats.

This car cost the previous owner over £7k to build and I have the receipts to prove it.

It drives like a gokart and is immense fun !!
Very quick. Beats most cars away from the lights.

Asking £3500 for a quick sale

Cheers
Steve
07971 647416

Phaeton

Staff member
Steve,

Looks like the pictures must be whispering very quietly or are they hiding!

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
Hey SLy,

Welcome to the forum.

Nice buggy build by the way its very very nice.

I gonna sound a bit of a knob but in teh current market you will be lucky to get £2k I think... its a real shame but there have been some awesome builds go through here and they have fetched peanuts!

Good luck though as I believe they are worth £3500 upwards just thought I would let you know

Danny

Phaeton

Staff member
Is this the one that was built in Mansfield? Matt I think the guys name was, still owes me the rest of the tube I lent him to make the rear adjustable arms. If it is he did throw A LOT of money at the build.

Alan...

jason_l

looks pretty nice example of a Freestyle.  ;D

As Danny says the market is just crap at the moment for these and agree with what he says about the price. Its worth £3500 all day long but doubt anyone will pay it  :mad: I would like to think that mine is worth £4500+ when its finished but i know nobody will ever pay that, not that i am ever planning on selling it  ;)

Good luck with the sale, let us know how it goes and inform the new buyer of muddybuggies  ;D

Jason :D

slyoldfox2001

thanks for the comments guys

yes i bought it off matt from mansfield and yes he did throw alot of cash at it.

since ive owned it ive put brand new 13x8 alley cats on it, a new 4 core radiator, the poly carb screen, and a brand new racey little 1293 engine and refubished gearbox.

tbh i dont mind if it doesnt sell as i absolutely love it...........however the wife wants to spend our money elsewhere and we cant get a bank loan so im forced to put it up for sale  :0(

jason_l

slyoldfox2001":10no4sw8 said:
thanks for the comments guys

yes i bought it off matt from mansfield and yes he did through alot of cash at it.

since ive owned it ive put the brand new 13x8 alley cats on it, a new 4 core radiator, the poly carb screen, and a brand new racey little 1293 engine and refubished gearbox.

tbh i dontmind if it doesnt sell as i absolutely love it...........however the wife wants to spend out money elsewhere and we cant get a bank loan so im forced to put it up for sale  :0(

well in that case i will give you £20 for it  ;D No? Thtas a shame, looks like you will just have to keep it then  ;D

Radar

hi slyoldfox ,

nice looking well specced buggy I had similar but sold mine in May this year at the kit car show had over 8k in receipts for it and was pretty good build , sold for 2.5k on the day I did price it to sell tho' and at that price got 3 very interested parties all competing to buy but 1st bidder got it as he put deposit down there and then. I might have got 3k for it but like I say wanted to absolutely sell it at the show so it was a steal.. as for your buggy  3.5k is reasonable without a doubt but prices have been depressed co's sellers (inc me just let them go at silly money sometimes..its mid Sept now not the best time to sell for sure winter round the corner and all that . If you can hang on keep it till next year sell it at one of the kit car shows early summer is best and on the day you should achieve your asking or close to (with luck that is )..failing that 2.5k for cash now and it should sell without any probs .. good luck whichever ...

Radar

slyoldfox2001

Yeah thanks again for your comments......they are very much appreciated.

I dont want three buyers to come along at a stupid price.
I want 1 buyer who is willing to pay the right money for the right car.

ITs on Ebay now as a classified advert......so fingers crossed that might drum up some interest.
Its also on pistonheads and some of the mini forums.

I know selling this type of car in Sept is great however not much sells over the summer 6 weeks holiday as most people are away or on holiday themselves. Plus you got the expense of kids uniforms before they go back to school.

I had some great drives out in this on cold sharp autumn/spring mornings.

Like I said in my first post. I wont give it away. I have other stuff I need/want to sell so if that lot goes first then I keep the buggy.
Of course it will be hard if someone who genuinely wants it comes along and wafts the pound notes under my nose.

Radar

now sold and what did you get for it sly ?? curious as to current market situation you undersatnd

Radar

Radar

sly thats great news getting your asking price worth every penny too looking at the pics and spec

happy days :)

Radar

Radar

Dan DO NOT eat  your hat mate whatever you do it will only make you ill (such a sickly child ! ) LMAO