Freestyle Kit

BRUC3

Just testing the water really as I cant decide what I want to do!

I probably have about 90% of the parts needed to complete the buggy.

Everything from chassis, panels, engine, suspension, wheels etc.

Not sure how much a non SVA'd kit is worth, so if anyone is interested give us a pm!

Radar

awwwww... man Bruc thought you would stay the course all the enthusiasm you had for the build and all the postings relating to it with pics etc sorry to hear that you are thinking of selling , but building kit cars can suck the time and life out of you with all our other commitments these days ...

Good luck whatever you decide

Radar

BRUC3

Well to be completly honest im not that fussed about selling up.

I still want a long term project be it a Freestyle, or something else. I just keep looking at that Herald project and thinking how much I like the look of it!!!

I'l carry on with the buggy, and by no means am I in a hurry to get rid, but just wanted to put this ad up to see what sort of interest it generates!

Dont worry chaps, still got loads of love to give to you guys!!! :p

Radar

[Dont worry chaps, still got loads of love to give to you guys!!! :p
[/quote]

steady on Bruc3 !!!  lmfao

Radar

BRUC3

Been looking at others build diarys tonight, trying to get my enthusiasm levels back up ready for a big push!

Not sure if I should stick it on the bay and see if  get the money I want for it, stop beong so maticulous about stripping everything and painting it before I put it back together, or carry on as I am!

Seems to be becoming bit of a nut and bolt rebuilt as of late, and I dont want to end up with a 5K build cost!!

Hmmm, may be worth a punt!

Phaeton

Staff member
Bruce,

You have got to do what is best for you & your family, but to put things in prospective, I paid £1300 (I think) for a part built kit, I got it on the road for around £2000. Okay so you have now got to pay for IVA £300 more than the SVA I did, but you got your kit a lot cheaper than mine.

Sure mine is not the prettiest of kits, there is a fair bit of powder coat peeling, but quite frankly I don;t care about that. One day when I have enough space over a winter I'll rebuild it, but till then I'll just run & enjoy it.

Alan...

wagon

BRUC3":3s6y73qc said:
Been looking at others build diarys tonight, trying to get my enthusiasm levels back up ready for a big push!

Not sure if I should stick it on the bay and see if  get the money I want for it, stop beong so maticulous about stripping everything and painting it before I put it back together, or carry on as I am!

Seems to be becoming bit of a nut and bolt rebuilt as of late, and I dont want to end up with a 5K build cost!!

Hmmm, may be worth a punt!

my pickup started off 3 years ago as a "quick tidy up" but so far I have nearly replaced every single nut and bolt - on top of an extensive rebuild and bodywork etc. I haven't actually touched it for some time now - It can get pretty disheartening when I see how much there is to go - but after all that I couldn't give up. I have considered it but thinking off all the hard work I'll miss out on - no thanks.

Stick with it if you can!!

collie

Stick with it if you can Bruce, if I now have permission to go back into the garage time to time from SWMBO then there's plenty hope for you!

Danny

Administrator
Bruce.... get to stoneleigh this year... bring your buggy with you and we as a club will put it together on the stand :)

I will also take you out in my buggy  for a spin.... mine is just about run in now and is fricken quick :)

BRUC3

What could I seriously expect to get for my kit?

Theres loads of new parts there and its on all 4 wheels now!

Anyone have any idea?

Phaeton

Staff member
It really is whatever somebody is willing to pay for it, although we love them they are an acquired taste & not every bodies cup of tea. Add on top of that getting one through the IVA it is a very difficult question.

Alan...

BRUC3

Hmmmm, personally I think its worth a grand, by the time you finish it and SVA it, I reckon it would of cost you about 2k.....

Seems a good price for a good fun well built buggy!!!

May put it up for a grand and see if I get a bite!

Radar

Bruc3  no offence meant by this....... but either sell it or don't it  seems a few of your recent posts elude to selling it on as you seem to have lost heart since the days when you started I was one of those people who told you to buy a road legal buggy at the very beginning . It seems like a cheaper way to get into ownership by buying a part built kit and finishing etc but it truly is a false economy there is a world of difference between starting and COMPLETING and getting a kit on the road legal and all that , and there is a looooong road in between times that most simply cannot complete for time /money or both reasons this is where you find yourself after all your hard work ,postings and initial enthusiasm you have not even had a chance to ride it up and down a car park let alone anything else .

my two cents worth is ....Sell it get what you can out of it (whatever that maybe ) put that money and maybe a little more into a road going buggy maybe not a freestyle and get out and along to some of the meets  and shows with the guys here and start actually buggying and enjoying the ride it beats a cold garage after a long day work to work on a part built pile of bits that mocks you when the sun shines and you would rather be out driving the damn thing and getting some "fun" out of the "funbuggy ! instead of just toiling away and dreaming of the day ...

my 2 cents for what it's worth

Radar

BRUC3

No offence taken mate!

When I originally bought the kit I bought it with the intention of seeing how I get on with it. I figured if I built it then great, if I got fed up with it then I could always sell it for what it owes e!

A part of me wants to just tosh it together and have a bit of fun with it, but the road to road legalness just seems so far away! Mainly due to the SVA! Im not in any hurry to get another weekend toy on the road, as I dont really fancy paying out another load of tax and insurance!

Maybe I'l bang it on the bay and see what I get, but its just a shame the Jago is so god damn ugly or else I wouldnt think twice!

Radar

you are so right about the jago BRUC an ......ugly ride ...be the ride a car...... or a woman ...well it's just not right is it !!   :)

Radar

Phaeton

Staff member
Ugly is in the eye of the beholder, I think they are quite cute ugly, bit like me ;)

But look what they have going for them, simple engine up front, radiator upfront, rear wheel drive, just need an MOT, I think they are a better solution for you Bruce.

Alan...

BRUC3

Think i'm going to put the side panels on the buggy this weekend, tart it up a little and make it generally look more finished!

Then bang it on the bay and see what happens! If I get a decent price for it i'l move on, if not I'l keep it! Not overly fussed either way as I definitely fancy dropping the engine in and getting it fired up on a temp. loom!

Think I fancy one of those racer looking things based on a Triumph Herald!

Either way, will definitely be coming to the odd show to meet some of you guys¬

HolyCount

You thinking of the sammio spyder (sp) ?  They look interesting -- and based on an unmodded chassis will not require IVA (plus you can get a tax free "historic"  plated one  ;)

BRUC3

Would love one, but had better take it one step at a time and see if the Freestyle goes first!

I've put in on pistonheads for £800, so will see if I get any bites!

If not tart it up tomorrow and stick it on ebay!!!

I'd keep the Freestyle if it werent for the SVA.... but the Samio looks so god damn sexy and the extra bonus of no sva is even better!!! :D