Front panel with union jack

Jamriggsy

Hello all.
Making some progress with the buggy now. Shouldn't be too long before I'm out and about.
I decided to paint it blue (frame) and orange (mudgards and odd bits) but not sure about the front panel with union jack on.
It might sound daft but is there any reason I should keep it original or shall I just blitz over It?.
Are they worth anything?. I didn't want to regret it later if I find out those panels are rare the the original UJ on.

Mini Mad Max

Nice choice on the colours - that'll look great! Those panels/nose cones are rare full stop. They're only worth anything to people with freestyles though. I don't think they came from the kit supplier with a union jack option, so it will have been someone's custom paint job I imagine. Everyone customises their buggies to their own tastes, so I don't think anyone will be offended if you paint over the UJ flag.

Phaeton

Staff member
I've only ever known them come in gel coat, I personally wouldn't paint over it & had I a spare I would offer you a swap, but that should not stop you doing what you want, it's yours :D

Jamriggsy

That's strange then as the article from newspaper on the homepage shows has a UJ on. I assumed some significance. Maybe its my buggy in the article?.

I'll see what I can find out from the guy that I bought it from. It wasn't actually his but he helped build it with the original owner who unfortunately commited suicide a few years ago.

u1UOS3L.png

Jamriggsy

Well bugger me. I actually think this is my buggy in the article as the Dunlop sticker is also on the side panel in front of rear wheel which cant be a coincidence. (I noticed this after removing the competition number plates from mine.)

Mini Mad Max

wagon_1.0":2gi3kqj2 said:
Kinda want to make a v1.0 - aggressive cone....
Jason had a go at doing that on his "freestyle GT" build. Maybe not so aggressive, but complex custom fibreglass pieces are a bastard to make.

Phaeton

Staff member
Mini Mad Max":l24jcokf said:
wagon_1.0":l24jcokf said:
Jason had a go at doing that on his "freestyle GT" build. Maybe not so aggressive, but complex custom fibreglass pieces are a bastard to make.
There's as much chance of Jason finishing his buggy as there is you Max ROFL

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":25wm844k said:
Mini Mad Max":25wm844k said:
wagon_1.0":25wm844k said:

hahahahaha

Mini Mad Max

Danny":xgffz7mk said:
Phaeton":xgffz7mk said:
Mini Mad Max":xgffz7mk said:

hahahahaha

I can't post anything here without it being turned against me :D