Fuel tank

Phaeton

Staff member
Honestly option Pete, unless it will make you feel better after it's done I wouldn't bother. In it's currently position as I see it there is no danger, if it leaks (highly unlikely) then any leakage would go down to the floor, the only danger area would be the exhaust manifold & your tank is nowhere near that. In the event of an engine fire the rubber fuel lines would melt before the tank did & hopefully you would be out of the Buggy by then anyway. It's reasonably protected in the event of a crash (as well as can be in a Freestyle) just my 2p worth. Just to add only thing I would consider is making sure it has got a vented cap on it, just to make sure pressure can't build up in it, but again the chances of it exploding as so remote.

Alan...

Radar

perhaps you are right I have a sample of the ali used for the tank and its 4 or 5 mm thick which is pretty heavy duty I'd say. I don't think the cap is vented but there is no problem with fuel feeding thru so guess if it ain't broke .....

Pete

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny":2dt6wlvn said:
grrr vented caps made me scratch my head for days wondering!!

Danny
Danny,

3 shovels against a wall & being told to go take your pick makes you scratch your head.  ;D

Alan...

esdebe

If it is a mini fuel cap, then the vended ones have a green underside and the non vented have a red.

Simon