Gear Rod linkage

hmalan

When connecting the gear rod linkage there is a section in the build manual as follows :-

"Drill the position for the roll pin in the rear end of the gear rod and with everything lined up drill the holes to bolt down the gear rod stay on the rear chassis rail."

Can anyone enlighten me as to what exactly the last part of the above is talking about.

Is there something that the gear rod passes through, or is it refering to the bracket used to hold the gear selector in place?

Thanks

Alan T

jerry

Hi,

The very first ABS buggy's used a support from a Fiat Uno. These were just a peice of rubber in a U shaped metal strap. As the gear-change linkage design has been improved, there is no need to fit a support bush.

hmalan

Jerry,

Thanks for the reply,

Bought my buggy off of Dave but it was one that someone else had bought and then sold back to him and as far as I know is one of the ABS early type.

I might look at making something up

Alan T.

esdebe

Humm a support bush.. That could be usefull as my gear change rod is rubbing on the box section part of the chassis...

what was the fiat Uno bush used for of the Fiat, so I can go and find one....

Simon

hmalan

Mine appears to be rubbing there as well so my plan is to rivet some rubber actually along the chassis box section and let it ride on this.

Alan T.