Gear selector linkage..

Roshitha

hey guys i need a big big help from you.i was running with old model a series gearbox,but now i bought a new a+ engine and a gearbox...so i want to find a way to make a gear linkage plz i need this help from you guys...plz send me any diagram if you have ...im in big hurry to fit my new gearbox.....

Phaeton

Staff member
Hi There,

Is there a difference? Sorry don't know Mini's very well, But mine was done this way, remove the gear stick from the selector, take the bottom off the gear selector, knock out the 2x roll pins holding the rods into the centre of the selector, once they have been knocked out swap the rods around & put the roll pins back in so that you short rod is out the front & the long rod out the back.

You then need what we call the Shepherd's crook, but I don't seem to be able to find a picture of one. It is a tube that goes from the long rod then underneath the engine & then bends round in a 180 degrees & attaches to the gear box where the long rod used to. I know I had a picture somewhere but can't seem to find it. You can see it here at the end of the arrow.