got an urge to biuld another buggy

Baloo

ah yes i remember that one, it did get bars running down to the front subframe, i sold it to a mate who painted it weird colours lol i should have kept it really but easy enough to make another, i guess thats how i see my road legal blitz ending up, more or less
ive got some vid some where of that buggy chasing my nissan powered kinroad, will have a look for it

Baloo

here you go, this is what happened to the mgf buggy after l sold it, actually the suspension dosent look to bad in the vid, thats an 1800cc mgf engine chasing a 1000cc nissan micra engine, he can haul me in on the striaghts but loses it on the corners probably due to the tyres he has on

Baloo

Yeah I remember it, I'd want the overbars/sidebars or whatever you want to call them to come down earlier & connect at the back of the dash, so that you can build a bonnet type of affair, won't be as strong for offroad, but ascetically will look better

Have you seen https://www.muddybuggies.com/forum/index.php?threads/suzuki-blitz-for-sale.2835/ he may still have it for sale,
i hadent seen that no, ive posted and asked if its still for sale but in all honesty i have a couple of sj's and a couple of hundred quid of tube and i would have one, but cant resist a buggy lol

Baloo

and sj's are leaf sprung and as ive got older ive realized that coil springs are a necessity for old bones lol
maybe one on a jimny chassis might be an idea

250buggys

I love where this buggy chat is going.

You both are going to build something awesome with all that buggy knowledge! 😃

Alan always needs another project! And we always like to follow his build progress.

Andy your projects are the best, great to see you back 😃

Baloo

its good to see a forum still operating FB seems to have killed of most forums, i like to help out and keep a thread going where i can

Phaeton

Staff member
Totally agree, I'm on there but hate it, you can't see things through, you find an interesting topic & then it disappears, I have a Shogun & they can suffer with some switches on the transfer box, the same question gets asked 5 times week, why the orange centre diff light flashes

Baloo

Totally agree, I'm on there but hate it, you can't see things through, you find an interesting topic & then it disappears, I have a Shogun & they can suffer with some switches on the transfer box, the same question gets asked 5 times week, why the orange centre diff light flashes
ha yes you see something once then it vanishes forever and i never know if l should use "comment" or "reply" pah .........

Baloo

Seen these Andy? @Baloo
i hadent but i have now lol
i wish sellers would make an effort to sell stuff, a little bit of information about these would help a lot in selling them, what engine would fit what suspension, single seat ?

Phaeton

Staff member
Suspect 2 seater, only as the steering column appears on the right, but it's anybodies guess

Baloo

Suspect 2 seater, only as the steering column appears on the right, but it's anybodies guess
be better of starting from scratch me thinks still pondering whats a good car to donate all its bits
and what makes it good
cheap
easily available
powerful
lightweight
compact
easy to wire up
not to wide so you dont have to narrow driveshafts
reliable
would you want a turbo in buggy ?
???

Phaeton

Staff member
You could logically use any FWD that has a separate subframe, even if you have to buy another frame to use at the front. Hand brake is another issue but MG or Golf ones can probably be adapted, but depends if you're going to try to use it on the road, if not a hydraulic handbrake & bungee chord will work fine.

Baloo

hi
i followed an mgf from J16 on the M6 across to Nantwhitch today brave fellow had the roof down too, i was watching how it handled on the islands and it looked all ok to me for use on tarmac roads so maybe i will use my mgf for a donor, at least that way all the components come from one car and nothing to hunt down, still working on my workshop so nothing will start till Christmas so plenty of thinking time

Baloo

Something a bit different
ha thats Michaels, ive had a look around it, l bought a jimny off him recently, ive offered him £400 for the vitara rolling chassis as its a commercial chassis, thats a diesel swb vitara uses the pug 306 engine with a a special bellhousing to bolt up to the suzuki gearbox, suzuki never made a diesel engine of there own so they used either mazda or pug diesel engines, however its not worth 800 and he wont split it
i was going to make a tractor out of the vitara chassis if i could have got it off him

Phaeton

Staff member
Quite fancy a Jimny for just knocking around in, but they are usually rotted out, or stupid money