Got my SVA date confirmed today

JAMIE B.

Phoned vosa today to change my sva test date and to my amazement my date has now been scheduled for the 25th of March instead of the 26th of February, quite a jump but the woman at the test centre said they had very little sva spaces left before the IVA comes into effect.

A least this buys me some more time to try and get the car finalised !

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Paul

Good news on that. How long did you have to wait for a date. They have had my forms for ten days so i am still waiting to hear.

HolyCount

JAMIE B.":11p1q79o said:
Phoned vosa today to change my sva test date and to my amazement my date has now been scheduled for the 25th of March instead of the 26th of February, quite a jump but the woman at the test centre said they had very little sva spaces left before the IVA comes into effect.

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

And, if you get a fail, you have the 6 months still to re-test under the old regs.  Personally I think I will be ready when the IVA is being replaced by the next set of regs  :-\

jason_l

HolyCount":1re4yuh4 said:
JAMIE B.":1re4yuh4 said:

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

And, if you get a fail, you have the 6 months still to re-test under the old regs.  Personally I think I will be ready when the IVA is being replaced by the next set of regs  :-\

You and me both!  :(

JAMIE B.

Paul":1b62qg0w said:
Good news on that. How long did you have to wait for a date. They have had my forms for ten days so i am still waiting to hear.

They took about a week to get back to me, when everything was sorted out with regards to paperwork I was offered a test just over a week later needless to say I declined and arranged another appointment

Mini Mad Max

jason_l":1tjj4acu said:
HolyCount":1tjj4acu said:
JAMIE B.":1tjj4acu said:

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

You and me both!  :(
All together now ::)

Phaeton

Staff member
Over on Locost, somebody has posted that the date has moved from 28th Feb to 20th March, tests still have to be taken by 28th April. Not sure if this is correct but there have been other posts about manual, training etc. is not complete so SVA is being extended.

Come on boys fingers out.

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

I'll try, but it will be slow, if it's extended to the end of the year i will be over the moon :D
fingers crossed, touch wood, super lucky charms etc! ;D
Max

jason_l

There is no way mine will be ready before SVA goes, im going the Starlet route NOW so need a engine first!!!!  ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
Just read that SVA appointments are now available up to the end of MAY, come on guys that's 12 weeks away that must be more time than anyone needs LOL

Alan...

jason_l

Phaeton":1as4ullo said:
Just read that SVA appointments are now available up to the end of MAY, come on guys that's 12 weeks away that must be more time than anyone needs LOL

Alan...

Dam, if only i could make this deadline. Problem i have is that alot of the work im doing has never been done before so need to allow alot of extra time for problems that may arrise.........also going to cost me ALOT of money!  :eek:

Jason :p

Phaeton

Staff member
Still think I would be tempted to put it through with a A series get it on the road then modify it afterwards there's a £300 saving there.

Alan...

jason_l

Phaeton":15s9ll8k said:
Still think I would be tempted to put it through with a A series get it on the road then modify it afterwards there's a £300 saving there.

Alan...

Thought about this already, problem is that its going to cost me alot of money and time to do it one way then redo alot of things again. It may save me £300 now but in the long run its going to save me alot more as im not doing things twice!!!

Jason :p

collie

I'm being realistic here by saying, there's no way I'll get mine built in 12 weeks.
Complete lack of parts is going to be a major fallback, secondly, complete lack of funds due to moving to a new home. :-[
I wish I was rich...  :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Alex,

you can't be that short of stuff for a basic build??

Sorry Jamie, I seem to of hi-jacked your thread trying to motivate these SLACKERS  ;D

Alan...

collie

Phaeton":2tqzrf4b said:
Alex,

you can't be that short of stuff for a basic build??

Sorry Jamie, I seem to of hi-jacked your thread trying to motivate these SLACKERS  ;D

Alan...
Oi!  :mad: ;D