GS MOON

stew_fox

hi guys, i have just brought a GS Moon buggy, x-260cc, does anyone know where i can get a manual for the engine as i have a pipe coming from it and it looks as if it should be attached, (try and get pics up soon) and its blowing air? is this normal?

Also does anyone know where i can get upgrades to increase speed?

thanks alot

stew_fox

hi

Thanks steve, that link is very handy got some good parts on there, if i can take a picture tomorrow and post up of that pipe which leads to nowhere can you let me know if you know where it should go

thanks

Phaeton

Staff member
Stew,

We'll always try to help, but many of us are not familiar with the Chinese style buggies, but fairly mechanical so maybe be able to have a stab at an answer. If it's blowing whilst the engine is running then I suspect it will be a crankcase breather, which will either normally have one of those little filters on, or a pipe that goes into the airbox. Have a look to see if there is a hole with nothing connected to it, or has the standard airfilter been changed to a cone type.

Alan...

stew_fox

hi sorry havent been able to get a picture up, i will do soon, the standard air box has been removed for a cone filter... but the pipe is on the other side .... (picture will explain better)

Also i have one other issue, when sitting stationary the buggy will idel for a while then cut off, i believe it does idel to low and will need adjusting, but and heres the but, i dont know how to change it? any ideas would be great

Steves2580

Hi Stew,

The easiest way to speed up your idle is to trace the throttle cable from your right foot to the engine, at the engine end (Carb) there will be an adjustable thingy (like on an old pushbike brake system).
Give that half a turn and keep trying it, it should speed up gradually, as the GS Moon 260 is an auto, you'll not be able to adjust it too much or you'll knacker the gearbox when changing from forward to reverse (the centrifugal clutch will be spinning too fast, therefore be engaged).

Hope this makes sense :D

Steve.

stew_fox

thanks mate, i will take a look this week, was worried as it needs to be able to idel for a while for them mot test so they can check emissions,

one other thing, i am getting a lot of popping when coming off the gas and slowing down? is this normal?? i hope so as it sounds good haha ;D

Steves2580

Hi Stew,

Make sure you give it a dam good thrashing right before the MOT, your engine will run alot cleaner ;D

As for the exhaust popping, have a look in "Off The Topic", quite a good discussion has been had on our forum and the Robin Hood forum!!

Steve.

Angel Boy

Steves2580":rz2zo98k said:
As for the exhaust popping, have a look in "Off The Topic", quite a good discussion has been had on our forum and the Robin Hood forum!!

Steve.

LOL - discussion is a good word way of describing toys being thrown out of the pram  ;D

Andy