gs moon

stew_fox

hi guys, i have a gs moon 260cc, it had been running perfectly and then the mot run out so i took the buggy to have it done, i was told i had to have a handbrake cable replaced so therefore i sourced on and it took over 3 months to get, by the time it came and i tried to start the buggy it was dead, i tried to jump with no luck so i brought a new battery, fitted this and still nothing?? it has never failed to start first time but now im worried it may have an electrical fault? any ideas to try??

thanks

stew

Phaeton

Staff member
Hi Stew,

When you say 'dead' do you mean completely, no lights on dash, no headlights, or when you turn the key/press button to start it doesn't turn over.

Alan...

stew_fox

Hi,

Yes i mean totally dead, nothing working, when we hooked up the new battery and tried to jump from my car it still had no power, no lights, nothing happened when i turnt the key etc, i also disconnected the battery and tried to jump off the wires that run to the battery with no battery there and still no power... :-(

Phaeton

Staff member
Stew,

Suspect there is a main fuse somewhere, sorry but can't help further than that.

Alan...

stew_fox

so other than a main fuse, you wouldnt have any other ideas? does it sound like a major issue that i cant get any power? im not sure i have came across any fuses on the buggy but may have just missed it

Phaeton

Staff member
Not familiar with the Moon at all, sorry, but logic would be that if you have NO power anywhere then it's either a broken wire, a blown fuse, or possibly a bad contact. I would start with connecting the battery to the buggy & then with a multi-meter go from the +positive terminal to the engine/frame to see if you have 12V that will prove the earth wire is still connected. Then once you've done that go to the main switch area & see if you have 12V up there & then follow the wiring backwards.

I would have expected there to be at least 1 main fuse somewhere

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Just found this don't know if it is any help,

http://www.buggyparts.org/XYKD260-2.pdf

It shows a basic wiring loom, try to find the 'control relay' that may have stuck, also the 'starter relay' that's a place to se if you have 12v & possibly short out the terminals with a spanner/screwdriver to see if power is getting that far.

EDIT:- Here's another one, think they are the same but sorry if not https://www.dixiesales.com/ipl/355/Kinr ... Manual.pdf

Alan...

stew_fox

Hi Alan,

Feel a little stupid after finding the main fuse along with the starter motor and various other plugs, checked the fuse, blown... it had a spare which was handy, replaced the fuse and put new fuel in and it fired up perfectly, all the lights and horn etc worked once again.... i checked the oil and it seemed very low, do you know what oil i should use? i thought it took 20/40 engine oil but not 100% sure.
thanks

stewart

Phaeton

Staff member
No worries Stewart glad I could help, often a 2nd pair of eyes/view from a different prospective works, as for oil sorry I have no idea, but on the 2nd link I sent it mentions 10/30 but not sure if you have the same engine as that one.

My buggy is Mini based, unfortunately I don't know ANYTHING about the Chinese ones.

Alan...