Hand Brake set up??? show me what you got :)

jason_l

Hello Everyone,

Been having a little look at the buggy today and it looks like the way the chav's have done our handbrake set up is completely wrong! It sits either side of the centre channel on some little L brackets and almost fouls up on the seats!!!!!

Has anyone got any pictures of what they have done? I have an idea but not too sure if it will work? Was thinking of keeping it in the centre channel but move it to the back. On the mini subframe where it joins in the middle drill two holes in this to hold the cable in place and a slot that joins them both so the 'loop' part of the cable can pass through! If this makes sense?!?!?

Many thanks, Jason  ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
This is probably the easiest way to do it, if you mount it on the subframe you have to be careful it doesn't flex.

Alan...

jason_l

Thanks Alan, think i will be doing mine a similar way me thinks. One question, after the cable goes through the bracket does the cable go under the mini subframe or have you drilled larger holes for it to pass through the sub frame area?

thanks again,

Jason :D

Phaeton

Staff member
A while since I've been in that area, but if I remember correctly it they just pass over the front rail & then under the engine, no extra drilling is required.

Alan...

esdebe

Mine goes under the subframe, I have the brackets mounted on the subframe (no issues with flexing as I have them at a slight angle.  The Idea of using a flat bar across the channel is a much easier way of doing it but I'd still go under the subframe with the cable as it is very chunky and going between the subframe and the engine may cause it to foul on the engine which may not be appreciated by Mr SVA.

Simon

jason_l

esdebe":16uqc8g6 said:
Mine goes under the subframe, I have the brackets mounted on the subframe (no issues with flexing as I have them at a slight angle.  The Idea of using a flat bar across the channel is a much easier way of doing it but I'd still go under the subframe with the cable as it is very chunky and going between the subframe and the engine may cause it to foul on the engine which may not be appreciated by Mr SVA.

Simon

Thanks Simon, i think this is the way im going to do it  ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
As I siad it is a while since I've looked, but Simon is correct I go under the subframe, in fact if you look at the image I posted with my reply you can see that  :-[

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
I know this is an ods post but been outside today & Mahesh's handbrake is damn good to say it's drums, it's been modified as in the photo's the arms have been extended to give more pull. They are now almost directly in-line with the brackets on the hub tops.

Once they are on you're not moving the buggy.

Alan...