Hello All

ChaosMS

Hello all, From the sunny north of the UK! well actually not that sunny really :)

A mate of mine told me about this forum and said I should join and post a few pics of my current project - I'm building a road legal buggy based on Suzuki Swift running gear - The entire machine is my own design and so far has taken quite a while to fabricate, anyway here is the latest pic of her! (I will put a build thread together if anyone is interested)

build_diary460_web.jpg

Radar

hello chaosMS and welcome to the forum ...gotta say your design and the pic of your buggy looks pretty awsome would love to see it at one of the meets one day when and if...you get her road legal ...

nice looking well designed piece of kit mate

Radar

ChaosMS

Thanks Radar - comments appreciated :) - I still have quite a lot to do, but I am getting there and I am having regular phone calls with VOSA to ensure The buggy stays on track, I have to say at the moment they are still happy!

Phaeton

Staff member
Welcome to the forum, nice looking buggy, spookily I've been on the look-out for a 1.3 Swift engine to try to put in the back on my buggy, but they seem to be getting rare or expensive.

What size tube are you using?

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

Hello and welcome, Just read the build thread and I'm well impressed! How far north are you? I'm in cumbria, It would be nice to see your buggy in the flesh when it's finished some time!
Max

ChaosMS

Thanks for the comments and the warm Welcome !!!

To answer a few questions, The tube size is 32mm Diameter (1.25") with a 2mm wall ERW Tube (Often reffered to as Blue Stripe)

I looked at buying just an engine for my buggy but in the end bought an insurance write off for £250 and stripped it all down (Mine is a 3 cylinder 1.0 litre engine)

And as for Cumbria, I was brought up in Ambleside, and now live in Lancashire I am about 35-40mins from Kendal! (Depending on how fast you drive  ;D )

Mini Mad Max

ChaosMS":31u0hbma said:
And as for Cumbria, I was brought up in Ambleside, and now live in Lancashire I am about 35-40mins from Kendal! (Depending on how fast you drive  ;D )
Hahaha, I'm based just near penrith... I think there is only one other near us which is Steve (Steves2580) who is around lancashire too!
Max

ChaosMS

Ah well now thats the big question isnt it! - I am working on the wiring loom at the moment after last weekend firing the engine back up in frame, I think ive got another couple of months serious work to do before its ready for an off road test

Steves2580

Hi mate,
Chris said he'd tell you about the forum, I showed him in the shop the other day!
He also showed me your website/buggy build, it's looking awesome!

As soon as I get mine back on the road, we'll head off up to Max's place (the Motivationally Chalenged [slacker] might need a lift with his build) only joking Max ;D

Hope to see your buggy in the flesh.

Steve.

Mini Mad Max

Steves2580":3o6ak7oh said:
Hi mate,
Chris said he'd tell you about the forum, I showed him in the shop the other day!

As soon as I get mine back on the road, we'll head off up to Max's place (the Motivationally Chalenged [slacker] might need a lift with his build) only joking Max ;D

Steve.
I wouldn't turn down a helping hand if that's what you're offering!! :p
Max

Steves2580

Mini Mad Max":z9vrwyz1 said:
Steves2580":z9vrwyz1 said:
Hi mate,

Steve.
I wouldn't turn down a helping hand if that's what you're offering!! :p
Max

As soon as mine is finished, I'll be up to help you out! Not a problem ;D

Steve.

ChaosMS

BRUC3 - Cheers - And yes your right we do need to!

Steve Yeah Chris is a good guy, I live across the road from his parents so when he's over he pops in for an update!!
And you are more than welcome to see the buggy in the flesh! I will PM you some details!

And as for Max - I would'nt mind see his buggy / helping out a like minded soul!!  ;D

Cheers

Rich

Mini Mad Max

ChaosMS":3ttr5t44 said:
BRUC3 - Cheers - And yes your right we do need to!

Steve Yeah Chris is a good guy, I live across the road from his parents so when he's over he pops in for an update!!
And you are more than welcome to see the buggy in the flesh! I will PM you some details!

And as for Max - I would'nt mind see his buggy / helping out a like minded soul!!  ;D

Cheers

Rich
I'm sure that when it comes to fabricating brackets for things, your's and steve's fabricating help would most definitely be beneficial! In the mean time, I'll focus on getting the buggy to vaguely resemble one. As you've probably gathered, myself amongst a couple of unfortunate others are "motivationally challenged" (slackers). My rate of work is very slow :p As a result i've set myself deadlines and over shot them a billion times :D
Max

ChaosMS

"Motivationally challenged" ha ha I like it! - I know what you mean about deadlines, I given up setting them!!  ;D

ginsters

nice buggy

miss my old swifts wish id of kept them as donars nownot the best 4x4 but fun with welded diffs!

DSCN1433.jpg

Danny

Administrator
welcome to the forum

Great build and boy the fabrication is fantastic :) I wish I was capable of that :)

Danny

PS if you have a trailer then stoneleigh is a few weeks away :)