Hello - and my new rims!

jim600

Hello all, long time lurker.

Had a few buggies, and now settled (for now) on a 500cc rotax powered beasty.

Anyway a few days ago I was thinking how thin tyres on cars make them better in the snow, I figured snow = mud, so I'd fit some thin tyres for mudding. Couldnt afford a full set of tyres, so decided to make my own - what do you think:

jim600

Phaeton":3ng488tt said:
**checks date** Nope it's not April 1st, mmmm maybe a bit too thin

Alan...

;D :D

I did think about doing a few laps on them, but they were actually just fitted to try and get the buggy in my truck (its too wide for the tailgate):

Heres how it normally sits:

smokey2010

Looks good Jim like the rims lol carnt wait to see you nail the beast but unfortunately I carnt make Mallory due to buggy having a sva test and it's sat in there workshop but won't be the last event think dans got a few in the pipeline and hopefully we can get the wales event up and running on this site if we all help out

jim600

Cheers for the comments

Dan/Smokey

Im hoping I can maybe do Mallory, keep saying maybe to things and finding I can't do them. I've just sold my business and the van that went with it, so very busy at the moment, and increasingly difficult to find time to get the buggy out. (and as you can see in the pics it dosnt go in the pickup quite as easily as the van!) Fingers crossed I can make Mallory - otherwise itll deffinetly be some events later in the year when it's calmed down a bit.

smokey2010

Got it jp your under a different user name arrrrrrr sorry that I could not make it mate buggys still at rage hopefully catch up soon could of done with a chin wag about some land I've seen,still next time mate is a deffo [move]counting the days until she's back![/move]

jim600

My actual new rims:

Hiper beadlocks on the rear and Douglas alloys on the front:

1y8hf.jpg

And also got all the shocks mounted up and dialed in:

jim600

swifthalf":2za8p88d said:
very nice i bet the bead locks aint cheap looks the biz there is one the same as yours on ebay at the mo

:-\ It is mine :D , I sold my enduro bike on there a week ago and the advert runs for 30 days so I stuck the buggy on at optimistic money just to see if there was any interest, don't think it's really for sale but if someone offered me really good money for it then I might be tempted buy a polaris rzr.

I've got a new winch coming for the truck this week which should make getting it up in the flatbed much easier - once we've got that nailed it 100% won't be forsale.

The beadlocks are 8) as I can swap them between my quad and the buggy and much easier to swap tyres from gravel to grass to tarmac, so all my wheels/tyres on one set.

Steve

Looks good and seems to go very well, just wondering; those thin wheels you have, can you get them in any other colour?

jim600

smokey2010":1x69aivy said:
Looking good Jim nice vid.....can we come and play

Going to check some noise tests this week, but the sound didnt carry much this weekend, you couldnt hear the buggies from the neighbors house so looks promising for running a few at a time - I'll let you know :)

PS. Any news on the north wales event?