How many! (Urgent help needed!!)

Bencollins789

Hi everyone I'm a newbie here and was seeking some help!

I'm doing my first hill climb on Sunday and have entered my 1989 1275 freestyle buggy and all went fine until I had an email asking me to provide proof that more than 20 of these have been sold! Is there anyway someone could give me some insight into this?

Also what do people do about the gear change as I find it very hard to do a fast ish change, are they all fairly difficult to do so or is it mine through lack of use etc?

Much appriciatef for any help I can have

Thanks Ben

Danny

Administrator
Well we had 5 at a show the other day...

there is way more than 20 kicking about :D

Phaeton

Staff member
As Danny is the owner of the Muddybuggies website & I am the unofficial events/Wales trip organiser ask the powers that be if an email from either of us will suffice. But in the meantime let's put a list of ones that we know of.

Danny
Phaeton
Esdebe
Steve
Bencollins789
Mattblack
Dave Smart
Mini Mad Max
Mehesh
Lilspeed
Jerry
Jason_L
250buggys
robcoles
tiggersmini
Wee paje

Those are all ones that are seemingly active on the forum, on top of those there is 'Mary' which is a Red & Silver one I used to own, there is also 'Cedric' a green & yellow one again another I owned, There is a blue & silver one once owned by Alan from Doncaster, a purple one owned by Alex Collis, Paul was/is converting one to have a R1 engine in, willsbuggie is another. Then there was a group around Somerset that used to use them off road, so your 20 is easily reached IF they will take our word or use this website as reference.

Paul

I have another up here in Lincolnshire. Not been here for a while. I must get round to putting some updates on all the mods made to it.

Jamriggsy

After a little bit of searching i believe this article would suffice for the roadgoing class. It clearly states around 300 kits have been sold so thats good enough for me. Finger crossed it will be good enough for the scrutineers.

Danny

Administrator
Jamriggsy":2pn4jfsk said:
After a little bit of searching i believe this article would suffice for the roadgoing class. It clearly states around 300 kits have been sold so thats good enough for me. Finger crossed it will be good enough for the scrutineers.

That was when richard had it a lot more were sold after that... I would say there may be 500 or so chassis kicking about :D

I also think I have that original article somewhere :D