How to get to seat belt mounting point?

mud68

Hi, got a problem. I need to remove my seat belt (drivers side) but the nut holding the Inertia belt just goes around. What's the best way to get to it? My buggy is plated on both sides of the frame and I don't know how the nut was originally mounted to the chassis. Any one got any photo's of the mounting point or does the builder fit it in place?
Thought about drilling the rivets off on the outside panel and having a look ???

CAW

Well the photos I've seen on here, go to the owners projects and have a look round thats the best way. From what I've seen it looks like a triangle of plate welded across the tubes, best peel the sheet back, I myself would drill the poprivets out fot about 18" to 24" as not to kink the skin.
You should be able to sort it one way or another from the outside corner.

I need to sort the seat belt mounts out next on my fake one :)

Andy

CAW

Nip to the Purple Pony build and have a look, It's not a triangle lol looks like a piece of 2" bar to me

Danny

Administrator
if you're still having troubles post to let me know and I will look at getting some photos of mine from the garage

mud68

Thanks for comments, looked at some more photo's on the projects page. It looks like a nut welded in place where the diagonal frame meets the lower frame. Going to peel the outer skin off this weekend and have a go at it.

mud68

I got the drill out on the weekend and drilled the rivet's out on the outside skin and found out the seat belt bolt had a locking nut on it which is why I couldn't undo it.
Riveted it back together, all okay now. Thanks for the comments.