I'm Selling her!!

ChaosMS

Hi All,

I'm going to try and sell the MKII buggy !! Advice needed !

As you know I'm planning the next buggy and in order to get to the next stage of design, I need the new donor car and major mechanical's so I have dimensions mounting points etc I can then build into the design (A little difficult when you dont have the actual parts to hand) this would also allow me to start the engine re-build / refurb (so gives me something to play with in the garage)

I'm thinking of starting with advertising the current buggy on ebay first to give me the best coverage and chance to sell it, not sure if i should set the reserve price or simply set the starting bid, in the past what have you guys done (never sold anything this big on ebay before)

Cheers Rich

250buggys

Go for a classified listing on ebay rather than an auction that way eBay won't take 10 percent of the sale.

ChaosMS

Slight change of plans chaps looks like I will be keeping her for a while longer - The one that shall be obeyed was quite unhappy with the idea of getting rid of the buggy (but understands I want to build again) so said why dont you change the engine so your happy with it on the motorway and then we can get more use out of it, I explained I could do that but it would need quite a lot of modification - to which she replied yeah so???

So after a little discussion and me finding an engine - a deal was done - and now im going to change the engine on the MKII so we will end up with a MKII-B so to speak

Plus part of this deal was that i would fit a similar block to the one that will eventually go into the MKIII the vw/audi 1.8T - but with a 2 wheel drive gearbox rather than the TT Quattro box, so that I can get some experience on that engine!!

So last night I bought a Golf GTI 1.8 Turbo 20 valve engine - and I pick it up next Saturday!!!!!!

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny looks like we need to find more power, I like the engine, we had it in the TT Quattro impressive to have it return 43mpg on a run according to the computer that I'm sure was lying.

p.s. You appear to have a sensible wife, just be careful about her ulterior motive.

Danny

Administrator
Lol that would be quick :) I may be building something as well in a few months :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

ChaosMS

Alan, lol yeah she is far too sensible ... and agreed to the engine purchase very quickly... I had better watch out!

Danny yeah it should improve things no end, in standard setup is turns out about 150bhp with a stage one program on the ecu and a couple of minor changes it should be in the 180bhp range so plenty to play with.

Even with the large wheels messing up the gearing it will be a massive improvement - I can finally put it on a motorway and keep up !!

So what are you going to be building soon then?? one of those reverse trikes possibly?????????

Rich

Danny

Administrator
ChaosMS":3qarz1iu said:
Alan, lol yeah she is far too sensible ... and agreed to the engine purchase very quickly... I had better watch out!

Danny yeah it should improve things no end, in standard setup is turns out about 150bhp with a stage one program on the ecu and a couple of minor changes it should be in the 180bhp range so plenty to play with.

Even with the large wheels messing up the gearing it will be a massive improvement - I can finally put it on a motorway and keep up !!

So what are you going to be building soon then?? one of those reverse trikes possibly?????????

Rich
Haha...

The deal on my land purchase and other bits and bobs should be going through in the next few weeks ;-) so need to get my new garage sorted and then get some planning on the land :)

I am looking at a mev rocket or something like that... want to track it :)

Looking also at a track bike but need to sort my money out as I will be skint when the land purchase completes :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk