indercaters

biddleboy

hi guys having problems with my indicators ie they don't work now Ive checked the fuses there all ok all the lights work off the stalk horn works but the hazard's don't work either checked connections there all connected any ideas lads electrics are not my strong point

biddleboy

yeah thats all i would of neaded going through sva do you think it might be relay as the hazzards are not working then kev

HolyCount

biddleboy":34ntqmm5 said:
yeah thats all i would of neaded going through sva do you think it might be relay as the hazzards are not working then kev

I don't know if direction and hazards use the same relay -- if so that could be it --- other than that, do they have a power feed in common ?  Can't be individual wires or switches, as, if it was, some would work and some wouldn't. So it's got to be something common to all of them --- power feed, relay or earth.

esdebe

direction and hazards are two different relays, and I had serious issues with the donor where it kept blowing the hazzard relay.

for hazards it is a higher wattage than the indicators, and it works on a bimetalic strip heating up and cooling down.  if you have blown bulbs or have changed bulbs for LEDs then the wattage will wrong and the srtip won't heat up  and the hazards won't work.  Also the strip has a tendency to spot weld itself in place and this can mean it doesn't work either.

What have you got in the way of hazzard switch , is it the standard mini one?  You need to make sure that this is wired correctly too, the circuitry for the indicators and hazards is quite complex.

HolyCount

esdebe":1q24au5v said:
direction and hazards are two different relays, and I had serious issues with the donor where it kept blowing the hazzard relay.

for hazards it is a higher wattage than the indicators, and it works on a bimetalic strip heating up and cooling down.  if you have blown bulbs or have changed bulbs for LEDs then the wattage will wrong and the srtip won't heat up  and the hazards won't work.  Also the strip has a tendency to spot weld itself in place and this can mean it doesn't work either.

What have you got in the way of hazzard switch , is it the standard mini one?  You need to make sure that this is wired correctly too, the circuitry for the indicators and hazards is quite complex.

Would a fault on the hazard circuit cut out the indicators ( as directional indicators -- if you see what I mean)?

If hazards are U/s as well as indicators -- having separate relays would rule those out as the problem.  Do they have a common live feed ??

Steve .... did you do any work anywhere on the buggy just before they went kaput ?

Phaeton

Staff member
Steve,

So we can start from the beginning, can you confirm you have 2 flasher units both with 2 wires, I would expect one to be a small square one & the other a large round one.

Ala...

biddleboy

Phaeton":jkeibsb2 said:
Steve,

So we can start from the beginning, can you confirm you have 2 flasher units both with 2 wires, I would expect one to be a small square one & the other a large round one.

Ala...
no we just got one flasher unit with three wires comeing off it dont ask me y steve wired it up they did work until i got my hands on it

Phaeton

Staff member
Do you have a multmeter?

Sounds like a new electronic one, but wiring is basically the same other than an extra earth, you sure that you don't have another one somewhere as even with these there's normally two of them.

Alan...

biddleboy

i will have a good luck all over just in case hes put it out of sight ive just bean and got a new one and the bloke said its the one that works both repeaters and hazards at the same time its 98 watts i will try  the new one later and let you no if that was it ive all so bought a multi meter so i will test that terretrip as well