Is it me or ??

HolyCount

Yep -- far too expensive. Worth a bit more than your average Blitz, being mostly new parts and registered as new. I might be way off here, but I wouldn't go over £9k, if pushed.

Phaeton

Staff member
Bend me over backwards without Vaseline HOW MUCH!!!!

Not a prayer, won't even get half of that & then they will be very lucky.

Alan..

Radar

thanks Alan that makes me feel that I am not going insane and that my judgement was not impaired , I agree maybe on a good day go £ 5- 6 k tops for me but it would have to impress me big time to pay even that

Radar

shanks

I was wondering about this one myslelf, looks tempting as the ebay add says 370bhp/tonne!!

The owner says £15k spent on it

Surely its worth more than £5-6k???

Radar

shanks":1hqjkdv9 said:
I was wondering about this one myslelf, looks tempting as the ebay add says 370bhp/tonne!!

The owner says £15k spent on it

Surely its worth more than £5-6k???

I had £8.5 k in my buggy sold it for 2.5 k when it went. I know from experience what youv'e spent on a car however good it is at the end does not always equal a good return when you come to sell it and I think this is a classic example of a great specced buggy etc BUT it's still a very basic machine skeletal frame it may be quick but it's a basic machine and for less bucks than the seller is asking there are plenty of machines out there similar fun for less money .

He may be lucky and someone might come along that just wants it and love it and appreciate the quality etc but in this economy the way kit cars are selling this past couple years it's a tough sell....... proof is in the pudding it's been for sale ages no takers ..there is the story right there . If it aint quality it's gotta be price ..to high a price simple economics

just my two cents worth

Radar

shanks

Yeh fair point as i didnt realise how long it has been for sale for.

I have mailed him about a PX against my TVR Chimera I have just put for sale, though to be honest my plans where simply to get the Blitz, run it for a while and then sell again, hence my post on here to get some idea of value.

From the comments so far its looking like £9k is expensive and that i'd probably struggle to sell it on again for the same money.

Pity becasue with 370bhp/tonne i bet its a blast!

On another albeit similar note where the heck do I find other Blitz's buggies for sale? Ive been googling and googling but very littel comes up apart from old tired looking one's...anywere I am missing somehow?

ps thanks for the replies

Radar

blitz charge to much for what they are anyway IMHO but it dont help that 3k of that price is TAX (boooo hisssss)

just my 2 cents worth

Radar

shanks

Yeh mayeb they do

I can see how the cost is built up but I'm struggling to see the value relative to what else you can buy

Radar

LOL aren't market forces a bitch !!!

half price now

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3902925.htm

it is the same one is it not ?? was asking 15 k + a month or two back ?? now £6995

Gotta say it's getting very close to a tempting price for me ...it's MUCH more reasonably priced now and might just go at that price and if it were @5k I'd seriously consider it !! reaching for my cheque book in my mind