Is there no end to my Slacker Status?

collie

Apologies for not being very interactive whilst being a member of this great little forum, truth is I feel a bit of a fraud since I spend so little time in teh garage and only have a rolling chassis to show for it after 4 years work! :-[
I tend to read but don't post mostly and should learn to be more interactive (funnily it never used to be a problem?).
We buried my Grandmother this week, I was very close to my Grandma and still finding it difficult to come to terms with.
However, the upshot of this on the buggy front is that I will no longer have a Garage to work in as it was her Garage not mine. She would regularly rib me about getting in there and finishing the buggy along with Alan, so I have also lost one half of my motivators!
The final bit of news that adds to my SUPER SLACKER status is that under a great amount of pressure from MuddyChick (SWMBO), I have succumbed to her mighty will and agreed to "up sticks" from my home town of Chesterfield and move the whole family to the Blandford area of Dorset.
We plan to move in June.
This means the buggy will be under wraps as it were in my Father-in-Laws back garden for the short term while we find a suitable property.
So it's all change, and no buggy time, so I'll apologise for going even quieter, I'm not gone (and hopefully not forgotten) and I hope that once we're settled I can post up a little progress or at the very least display the new home of the Purple Pony?

BRUC3

Hey Alex!

Sorry to hear about your grandmother :(

Hope you and our family are doing as well as things can be in times like this!

But you never know! You may find a nice house with a lovely heated garage! Fresh start and all that may give you some inspiration to finish the old girl!!!

Take care bud!

Steves2580

Hi Alex,
Sorry to hear about Grandma, such a shame to loose someone so close.

Hope you find a belting new place and everything works out for you and the family!

Keep in touch,

Steve.

Mini Mad Max

Hi Alex,
Hope you are feeling better about your Grandma, Mine passed only the other week, and it hurt a lot to lose such a close friend. I got an equal amount of ribbing from her for not getting my buggy finished sooner too haha :) So i guess just take it as motivation and get it finished so you can enjoy it. I'm sure the community on here will come running to help you if you need it, just find out who your nearest buggy-ists are when you move :)
And finally it's better to be a slacker than to give up and sell your project, so hang in there like the rest of us slackers and retain the dream :p
Max

Phaeton

Staff member
Sorry to hear of your loss Alex, I know how a loss can affect you, it also catches you off guard at the most strangest of times. The hurt does not go away, but in time it does get easier to live with.

As to upping sticks & moving, good for you, it's something at times I wished I would have had the guts to do, will you still continue to work for the same company or will you be on the lookout for new opportunities?

Is it 4 years since we fetched the rotted shell from Barnsley? wow how time flies.

But of luck in the future to all 4 of you.

Alan...

collie

Thanks for your kind words guys.
Yes life is difficult, but I guess that helps you appreciate the good times.
We had a double blow today too where my wife found that she's lost her Grandmother.
Still on the lookout for that nice heated garage with elastictrickery, I WILL find one :)
Alan, Luckily I get to keep my job but it has changed where I am contracted to be travelling abroad 3 weeks out of 4. We'll see how it goes.
...and yes it was 4 years ago and I can't believe it! Maybe in another 4 years you'll see me driving the Purple Pony up your road? :)
Alex (Super Slacker)