Just to say hi

1judge

Hi, joined in November and thought I had better say hello, I purchased a polaris RZR-S last month and have used it most days since, absolutely love it. Looking forward to better weather and longer trips out in it. Looking for off road venues at the moment to really put it through its paces. I'm in the reading/ maidenhead area, any other buggy owners around here?

Radar

Hi and welcome , lots here to explore here members are helpful and nice guys , hope to see you at one of the shows ? maybe the 10 th aniversary bash at Stonleigh this year ??

cheers

Radar

Mini Mad Max

Welcome Aboard!
Steve, one of the guys on here, took me for a spin in one of them RZRs. They are mental fun!! Did yours come with the Jesus handle for the passenger? I used it a lot ;)
Max

1judge

Mini Mad Max":4t448kss said:
Welcome Aboard!
Steve, one of the guys on here, took me for a spin in one of them RZRs. They are mental fun!! Did yours come with the Jesus handle for the passenger? I used it a lot ;)
Max
Thanks for the welcome guys,
Yeah it has the handle, in America they're known as the sissy bar, I have to admit the first time I was taken out in one I thought I wouldn't need it, I used it in the first corner :eek: they really are great fun and they just go anywhere.

1judge

Radar":1f6w3s3o said:
Hi and welcome , lots here to explore here members are helpful and nice guys , hope to see you at one of the shows ? maybe the 10 th aniversary bash at Stonleigh this year ??

cheers

Radar
Hi, I've just read up on the shows for kit cars/buggies, had no idea, will definitely be attending those, thanks for the info.

Steves2580

Hello and welcome to the forum,

As the others have said, there is loads of info and the guys on here will help with any questions you may have!

I have recently had a drive of the new 900cc twin cylinder RZR, one of the first in the country ;D
Massive fun factor, I had a smile the size of my whole face ;D

I work very closely with out local Polaris dealer, I do quite a bit for them, testing/suspension adjustments, corner weighing etc

Is your RZR road legal, or just off road fun??

As for where to take it, have a look at the Quad Mag website, there used to be a map on there with venues and contact numbers etc

Get a few pictures up, and I'll hopefully see you and your machine at Stoneleigh ;D

Steve :D

1judge

Wow, working with that polaris dealer sounds like a great gig!

I was looking at the RZR 900 xp for a while, test drove it and loved it, measured our garage which is an old barn and the cross beam above the door was 1.5" lower than the height of the 900. Did a bit of research and could have got a custom roll cage on it which made it low enough to fit (£1300 extra) or the 800 s is 3" lower than the 900 as standard. So thought I would try the 800s for a year then upgrade if I feel the need.
I purchased a fully road legal 60 plate, came with full windscreen too. Out in it most days for at least a circuit round the village. Love it.
Tried to post some pictures in members rides, got the size down to the correct kb but says limit for forum reached, read about photo bucket but not tech savvi enough to work it out, I'll get help. :-\

1judge

Sorted, pictures are there now.

Nice action shot, that's exactly the same model as mine, as far as I'm aware, mine doesn't have diff lock, it's two wheel drive or four wheel only on 2010 model I think. They drift amazingly.
Jumps look like great fun, I'll fire up the digger ;D

1judge

image_zps9470f9a1.jpg

Steves2580

Nice Machine, looks very tidy!!

Just check your dash panel, I'm sure the toggle switch has three positions, one wheel drive (bottom pushed in), two wheel drive (locked rear diff [centre position]) and all wheel drive (top pushed in).

But I might be wrong :D

Steve ;D

1judge

Quick bit of research to find out why my RZRS hasn't got this superior sounding switch and it seems they were put on models from 01/03/11. Mine was registered 23/12/10. Missed it by few months sadly. Oh well, I don't think I would have used one wheel drive much anyway, 2 is far more fun.