Land Rover clutch cylinder......

willsbuggie

Just getting back to tackling the buggy again. Well on the way now with engine in, half the wiring now done, brakes and clutch cylinders and lines all in place, BUT the brand new Land Rover clutch master cylinder just doesn't pump the fluid even with no outlet pipe connected. Has anybody any idea why?
Thanks, Mark

Phaeton

Staff member
Mark,

Could be that the seal has stuck if it's been standing a while. You can normally take out a circlip out of the end & pull the seals & plunger out, then put some brake fluid on it & then put them back.

Alan...

willsbuggie

Thanks Alan, I'll give it a try. On another tack, how did you fix the brake pedal switch? are there any photos on the forum?

Phaeton

Staff member
Not sure if there are any pictures, when I did Mary the rear lugs of the brake pedal had been left on so I mounted the Mini switch above that fasten to the side of the pedalbox. On Bumble it's a hydraulic on a banjo bolt fitted into the tee to the front brakes. Similar to THIS just need to make sure you get the thread type right metric or imperial.

Alan...

willsbuggie

Ok, thanks. I'll give it a go at the weekend. Just getting back up to speed, how's the situation wth the fuel tank/IVA and has anyone got through lately?
Are the Freestyle kits still available? from Dave? I'll need front and rear bumpers at some stage soon, will I need to make my own? You could email me or call me for a chat.....
Cheers, Mark