Lenses for rear lights

Skirrow

Is there anywhere to get the lenses for the rear lights. I think they are the ones that Dave used to sell. Have the indicator, brake and rear lights in one unit.

Just needs the coloured cover. Damn thing must have fallen off while I was out and about cos it's gone now :-[

Phaeton

Staff member
I've always liked the idea of changing mine for these but can't justify it until mine break etc.

Alan...

Baloo

hi

l ike those led ones and might get some for mine but l was pondering whether they will work the blinker blonker relay ok ? the fasher controler works on current draw dosent it ? which is why if a bulb goes it doubles its flash rate to tell you a bulb has gone, the led lights are going to have a much lower current consumption so might affect the flash rate or does the manafacturer biuld this in so as it draws the same as a bulb ??

Andy

Phaeton

Staff member
There are 2 options,

Either build in resistors to the circuit which makes the current draw the same as a normal bulb, something along the lines of these

Or you change the flasher relay out from the crappy old bi-metal one of the Mini to an electronic one, these will automatically compensate for LED's

Alan...

CAW

Just got this via google, a company called www.ultraled.co.uk sell a flasher unit that replacesthe normal relay so that LED's can be used without the fast flashing problem

copied from anothe forum

Andy