Lola dont want to turn over?? Help!!

FFTS

I had been having some problems with Lola. I would charge the battery and she would start ok, go out for a drive maybe 20 mins and when turned off and tried to start again she wouldnt turn over just doing the whir whir routine. Id charge the battery again and same again, and again, and again. I took it that the battery wasnt taking the charge and was knackered so I bought a new one, charged it and guess what?/ Yep whir.. whir..whir!! She turns over about 1 reveloution and then nothing until the next turn of the key and then same again. So if the battery isnt flat why does it sound like theres not enough power to turn the engine over properly???

Any suggestions.

esdebe

Have you got a good earth on the engine to the chassis? Try using ajump lead to connect one of the exposed head nuts to the - on the battery and then try to start it again.

Have you got a multimeter? You can use this to see if there is enougth charge in the battery and also to see if there is charge comming back from the alternator.

If it isn't charging properly then the electric fan will be draining the battery when it kicks in. If there is a bad earth then this will impact the ability to start and also the ability to charge.

Simon

Phaeton

Staff member
Chris,

Don't know why but just a random thought, last time we spoke on the phone you said the oil pressure light wasn't going off despite good oil pressure. You haven't got the oil pressure wire & the alternator warning light wires mixed up have you? The alternator one has an extra bulb in parallel under the nose, if this isn't wired in then it won't 'excite' the alternator into charging.

There's got to be a joke there somewhere about being charged to get excited.

Alan...