Lola needs a new clutch

FFTS

Has anyone ever driven a mini with a pre/none verto clutch? I believe they take some getting used to but are quick off the mark when you do.

FFTS

OK.. After wrecking 4 pullers (2 heavy duty) with heat, bashing, psychic healing the lot. Alan (Pheaton) came over to help and we have come to the decision that this flywheel is not going to pull off EVER!! so we have commenced with plan H but dont think the crank will survive. It is still on at the moment but now 30% lighter :(
IMG_2633.jpg

RichardG

I know its a pain getting the googles on etc but having spent a day in casualty having a nice big peice of angle grinding filing removed from my eye I won't even plug the grinder in without putting the goggles on first.

Despite having taken me to hospital and sat waiting for me all day my Dad still refuses to wear them.
:(
Richard

FFTS

Hahaha.. I tried to offer welding gloves and goggles while i stood outside out of the way but he said he had his glasses on ;) Alan is the man of steel hopefully not man with steel inserted in him. I have to say hats off to him for coming all the way to help and coming back. Its so nice to see there are people in the world left with a good sense of fairness. As I said before. It was just bad luck and timing that the clutch went days after purchase but he has voluntarily offered whatever solution is needed in the end.

Alan is a superstar :)

FFTS

I TOLD YOU NOT TO MOVE.. NOW STAY THERE!!!!!

IMG_2763.jpg

The simplicity of changing a clutch ;)

IMG_2761.jpg

Why spend money on expensive pullers when youv'e got a grinder haha.

IMG_2764.jpg

Phaeton

Staff member
"wurzell"":10ezwl87 said:
So is this post now to be retitled "Lola needs a new crankshaft" ? :shock:
No amazing enough the crank can be saved, a small amount of work with some wet & dry & it's operational again. Lola does have a new crank though along with the rest of the 1340 engine that's been fitted. This 1275 engine will appear at an eBay close to you sometime soon, along with all the other A series bits I need to get rid of.

Alan...

FFTS

NIce one Alan hehe.. That photo just makes me laugh so much.. we did a textbook operation on how to remove a flywhell hey and at least the replacement I had is lightened and balanced and pre-verto. Well have to start offering a clutch change kit that consists of the following.

5 x puller (3 extra heavy duty and 2 regular)
2 blowlamps.
1 x big fat hammer
1 x big fat chisel
1 x box of elastoplast
1 x new clutch hose (see blowlamp hahah)
1 x grinder

If anyone want the economy kit it consists of:

1 x F****ng grinder.

10% discount on kit No 1.

FFTS

whhooo hooo. Clutch connected and working (or seems to be)

Oil in, 1.5 roller rockers on Sparks to plugs, bang, backfire, smell, whir whir, theres hope on the horizon... flat battery :(

esdebe

If engine was rebiult and not run, or if it was standinf ro a long time, take the plugs out (disconnect the coil (as a precaution) and turn over on starter motor until oil pressure light goes out, this will save you having to keep charging the battery and possible damage to the engine of it reving too high should it fire before the oil pressure is reached.

Simon