LOLA RIDES AGAIN.. (OK Alan.. Bloody Mary ,,haha)

FFTS

Well Its in and mostly done so took Lola for a test drive around the streets and no problems apart from reverse is a little fuusy to select and theres the odd wire thats doesnt seem to have a home. She sound great and seem to drive FAST :) Anyway the new clutch turned into the following.

1340 metro turbo block
Cooper S 11 stud head with Big Valves
1.5 Roller tip rockers
Double valve springs
Solid state competion pump
Ultra light flywhhel and plate with diaphragm clutch
SU HIF44 (Soon to be twin weber DCOE40)

See what happens when you cant get a flywheel of to replace a clutch ;)

One Ive found where the wire ends go and tidy up then its time to maybe fit the weber and then start on modifying the back end.

Maybe its because I started off knowing nothing and have learnt a bit but does anyone else go out on a few test drives just waiting for something bad to happen?? :(

Phaeton

Staff member
Chris,

Can't find your post about putting an electric fuel pump on, but did you sort out a pressure relief vavle for it, or is it built into the pump? Also don't know if it's a good idea or not but you may want to consider an inertia switch Like this just incase something happens & the pump keeps pumping fuel all over the place.

Alan...

FFTS

I went to mini spares and got advice. He said it doesn't need anything as long as I dont intend sitting with the ignition switch on as after a few minutes it will come out the carb. As for the cut off the instructions recommend taking the live to the pump from the oil pressure switch in the event of the engine stopping. Not done it this way yet but will get on it.

FFTS

Ahh silly me should have looked at the inertia switch first. Its for a different purpose but wouldnt hurt if you were upside down in a ditch with the engine running. And yes!!! I am well capable of doing that hahaha.