Mary is now LOLA

FFTS

Well I dont feel such a fraud on this forum now as I am the proud owner of Lola (Formerly known as Mary) I picked her up on a street corner in Worksop and she came with me no problem. After a 3 hour drive up the A1, across the M62 and up the M61 to Preston I was able to show her her new home where she will be loved and cherished.

I would like to give my condolences to Alan on the passing of Mary and hope his greaving is short lived. I have a feeling he will soon be expecting to think about conceiving a young sprog again soon.

I will soon become a pain in the ass for you all as I know nothing about cars, buggys, metal, welding, screws, electrics, heating, cooling, wheels, steering etc.. but I will be asking about them all in time as I like to learn new things... mwwwwhhhuuuhahahahahaa

collie

But Chris, don't you feel a little bit like a fraud since you cheated and didn't build her yourself? :roll:

FFTS

Well that was a friendly reply ;)

Hmmmm.. I thought this was the "Freestyle OWNERS club" forum NOT the "Freestyle BUILDERS club forum" I enjoy owning and driving a fun machine and I will be working on styling mods and as long as that keeps me happy then I dont feel a fraud.. just a PROUD owner hahaha.

PS. Im an expert skydiver and highly qualified coach and instructor.

"I DIDN'T MAKE MY OWN PARACHUTE" ;) hehe but thanks for the welcome to the club.

collie

No Probs mate, only pulling your leg :p

I am a tad Jealous since I decided to build one, so I am desperate to drive one, but I have barely started to build mine!! :?

Glad you are enjoying driving LOLA, look forward to seeing what modifications you make?

Cheers...

FFTS

Thats nicer. Thats the problem with text and humour. Well no problem. If you want to come over any time and well have a threesome. Feel free to to contact me if your up this way and you can have your wicked way with her.

Just got some Sparco 3 point harnesses to fit today. My 3 yr old little girl loves to go out in a buggy but need the harness to fasten her baby seat in securely.

Skirrow

I have to say I'm a tad jelaous too. 3 years into my build and I hae just started her up a few days ago. Satisfying feeling, but a little depressing to know that the only driving I will be doing will be illicit round-the-block under the cover of darkness. Got all the sodding SVA stuff to fit, then pass the SVA.. pfft.

Collie, I say we find him and pour brake fluid all over his paintwork and stick a load of sugar in his petrol tank. Make him do a little work :wink:

FFTS

Hey Mr Skirrow.

If your in Manchester your only 30 mins from Preston. Why not come up and have a play. I'd be happy to meet any other freestyle lovers. This is a genuine invite.

Skirrow

That sounds good, I'd love a look. I'm always stuck for time though with my business and family and stuff which makes it tricky. My brother lives up in Bolton though and I get up there every couple of months so maybe next time I'm up I'll see what you are doing. Can you PM me your number?

As far as I am aware you are the nearest freestyle owner to me, I've never even been out in one as I bought my chassis second hand. On the other hand if you are ever going to be around south Manchester with you buggy (dead near the airport) drop in for a brew and take me out for a spin.

esdebe

Welcome to the forum, and I'm sure it won't be long before you decide to mod here or there... It some what adivtive, especialy after going to the Kit Car shows and seeing what others have doen with their buggies...

FFTS

No problem. My folks live in Irlam only 25 mins from the airport. The only thing at the moment is doing a 70 mile round trip and hoping it wont rain later in the day.PM is disabled on here?? but my email is skydive at fallfromthesky dot com. MSN = skydiving at f2s dot com.

FFTS

Thanks Esdebe.

The first design is already on paper and I think looks great and is a development of richard g's cool back end. However.. I now need to work out how to do the work and stuff (only a minor gap in my skills hehe)

I need to lift the exhaust pipe higher to the sub frame and am now about to post on here to get some advise from Richard and others.

I will show you in due course my idea when its in reality.

Thanks for the welcome :)

hmalan

My first kit car was a Robin Hood which I too bought as a runner. Decided I wanted to make a few modifications, rebuild engine, modify and fit all new parts to the suspension, new exhaust, new seats & harnesses, new dashboard and electrics etc etc. In the end I thought sod it and stripped the whole thing back to bare parts, until I basically had the kit on my garage floor and rebuilt it. Finished article looked nothing like it did when I originaly bought it.

Always felt entirely justified in saying that I built it.

I wish I had done the same thing this time as mine has been finished for about a month now, I start it up on a weekend and pretend!!

Because of my new job I just do not have the time to get it SVA'd

Not saying that Mary sorry LOLA will need this doing as I know how much effort Alan has put in to her, the bugger kept it quiet about selling her.

Phaeton

Staff member
"hmalan"":18ttlfwa said:
Because of my new job I just do not have the time to get it SVA'd
Alan, As I am now back in the ranks of the unemployed (long story) if you want to get the SVA booked I'll take it for you as per the deal we first had.

Alan...

Asbo

"FFTS"":4l2w6fxh said:
Well that was a friendly reply ;)

Hmmmm.. I thought this was the "Freestyle OWNERS club" forum NOT the "Freestyle BUILDERS club forum" I enjoy owning and driving a fun machine and I will be working on styling mods and as long as that keeps me happy then I dont feel a fraud.. just a PROUD owner hahaha.

PS. Im an expert skydiver and highly qualified coach and instructor.

"I DIDN'T MAKE MY OWN PARACHUTE" ;) hehe but thanks for the welcome to the club.

Chris....if its any consolation,I picked my buggy up from Dave this week, accident damaged/repaired and only have a few things to tidy up before I'm out playing in it. :lol:

FFTS

Yeh the satisfaction of taking 3 yrs to build it and the pride must be great but.... F**k its fun to get it and just drive hehe ;) only teasing everyone.

Anyway Im now in possession of a weber 40dcoe and manifold (got to work out those choke, jet and link thingies) and have an ultralight flywheel and pressure plate on its way to replace the slippy clutch (yes I know it will tick over rough) also new starter motor and some shiny ali pedal things. Now shopping for rear lights ready to rearrange the back end. All I need is some time and to get that chinese piece of crap out of my garage so I can work inside in shit weather. Looks like the china syndrome is going to have to go through the courts to get my 3K back ;(

I nearly went for the tractor crash one and you beat me to it. What a bargain you got when I chatted to Dave and he told me. Have fun and hope you can deal with the shame of not building her hahaha.

Asbo

I've not got too much to do before i'm out on the road in 'it'(i refuse to give 'it' a name,especially a girlie one). main things are sorting the wiring and finding headlamps and a replacement seat or two.got a few other things planned but they can wait until i rebuild 'it' for real.

what are you planning for lola's rear end,lightwise and have you any intentions of actually making a parachute.....i'd sooner fit discs all round.lol. :p

Skirrow

Looks like the china syndrome is going to have to go through the courts to get my 3K back ;(

Did you pay by credit card? Or by paypal (which took the payment from your credit card?)

If you did you can probably avoid court by doing a chargeback through your card.