Megajolt Installation

Phaeton

Staff member
I'm putting Meagjolt on the Buggy, it was supposed to be a winter project, something to do in the long nights, however it's not turned out quite that way. But today I made a bit of a start, I removed the radiator & pulled off the crankshaft pulley, unfortunately I also had to remove the NS engine & radiator mounting to get clearance. Does anyone know what the thing circled in red is?

DSC00020_Highlight.jpg

It fouls the new pulley, nothing that a hammer didn't resolve but I wondered what it was for.

I was concerned that the pulley bolt could undo as the original is held on with a tab washer I made my own.

DSC00022.jpg

The pickup mounting bracket was then attached, the timing cover needed a little adjustment with another hammer to get it to lay flat.

DSC00023.jpg

This is it installed but I have concerns that the pickup is too far away from the wheel.

DSC00026.jpg

Need to ask the question on the Megajolt forum, but that is the progress so far.

Alan...

esdebe

I've always wondered what that bit on the cover is for, I assumed it was for some "tool" that may have been used for timing or something...

Simon

esdebe

it replaces the dizzy and gives you a programable advance map (using a laptop) that uses the edis system from a ford along with the coil packs from a ford to improve the ignition timing through out the range.

Angel Boy

Alan,
Might be worth having a snoop around the seven type forums as they are using a similar set up when converting to bike carbs.

Andy