MOSQUITO STOLEN - I WANT IT BACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lime&Orange

My chris hollier mosquito has been stolen and sold on ebay.

I want it back together with all the bits.

I have a crime number, it is listed as stolen and action is being taken.

Phaeton

Staff member
L&O

Assuming this is not a hoax, then more details would be helpful, where was it stolen from, when was it stolen. You say it was on ebay a few weeks ago, have you reported it to ebay, they 'should' details of both the buyer & the seller. Do you have any recent photographs?

Alan...

Lime&Orange

Chris Hollier Mosquito, one of only 10, the only one with gull wing doors, 6x13 front alloys 7x13 rear alloys cxr in cosmos black (special order from compomotive, i still havethe receipt)

Cobra 7 seats

Rear arches unbolted from body (i still have the side vents)

Front arches unbolted from body (i still have brackets to support them to body)

I still have the stainless steel exhaust, one off by PECO, in my shed, together with a 1275cc waiting to go in.

Yes it has been reported to ebay.

FUMING at moment, i thought it was in a secure place.

Phaeton

Staff member
L&O

The fuming bit I can fully understand I would also be livid. Are the pictures that were in the advert pretty recent ones? All I was thinking was posting them onto other forums, which ones have you currently done, I'm sure members on here would be happy to help.

Alan...

Lime&Orange

They are recent ones, yes.

Mate at moment I am so mad.

ANY HELP at all would be fantastic.

Hell, i will give £400 to get him back.

Please help me with this.

HolyCount

Lime&Orange":aogdwqd4 said:
No they havnt, i have the docs to say they havnt given it the all clear at all.

Afraid you are mistaken in the assertion that they haven't.  I checked the vehicle out with DVLA and they told me it was correcttly registered, hadn't been taxed for 5 years, wasn't on SORN and that there was no police interest ( maybe that was before you reported it, but was while it was on auction.

Lime&Orange

Front of car is a bull bar (big steel bar across front)

Rear has a towing eye.

Should be small seat (seats) that are covered in chris holliers pj's (i know chris and he knows me)

The plastic in the doors and rear was done by plastic4performance, special one off again.

Trust me, I AM THE OWNER.

Front tank, mini gear change upside down so stil normal selection, spax coilovers all round.

Metro 4 pots up front and mini drums on rear.

Erm, once less fuming will remember more.

Lime&Orange

HolyCount":bqx86wle said:
Lime&Orange":bqx86wle said:
No they havnt, i have the docs to say they havnt given it the all clear at all.

Afraid you are mistaken in the assertion that they haven't.  I checked the vehicle out with DVLA and they told me it was correcttly registered, hadn't been taxed for 5 years, wasn't on SORN and that there was no police interest ( maybe that was before you reported it, but was while it was on auction.

That was before reported.

Phaeton

Staff member
What's your contact details in case anyone wants to get in touch, we can remove them once it is returned.

Kev, Did you ever get a phone number for the guy who was selling it?

Alan...

Lime&Orange

Not being funny, not putting my number on an open forum. If you want it, will pm you it and you can pass it around to those intrested parties.

I have contacted the ebay member who bought via the message system.

Its a stolen car.

Its my car.

I am willing to pay to get it back.

HolyCount

Phaeton":11e4xb0b said:
What's your contact details in case anyone wants to get in touch, we can remove them once it is returned.

Kev, Did you ever get a phone number for the guy who was selling it?

Alan...

Unfortunately not as far as I remember -- am going through all my old messages now .... appears to be still registered on eBay, so should have some luck there.

Phaeton

Staff member
Lime&Orange":3blvhxv0 said:
Not being funny, not putting my number on an open forum. If you want it,
I have contacted the ebay member who bought via the message system.

I understand that hence why I said we would remove it, have you had a responce from the ebay buyer?

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Just put a post on Scamp Owners & now going to do one on Locostbuilders, anyone think of any other logical ones.

Alan...

Lime&Orange

Thanks people.

Phaeton, do you want to pm a number so i can talk to you about this, just to confirm i really am the owner.

Have docs, just taken pics of various bits i still have.

£400 POUND REWARD FOR SAFE RETURN!

HolyCount

Lime&Orange":2ontv84u said:
Thanks people.

Phaeton, do you want to pm a number so i can talk to you about this, just to confirm i really am the owner.

Have docs, just taken pics of various bits i still have.

£400 POUND REWARD FOR SAFE RETURN!

I believe you are the owner L&O ..... I spoke to a previous owner who has the same description of that "odd" seat cover. Also -- previous posts made a year ago by you confirm the exact colour scheme and seating arrangements.

Phaeton

Staff member
No mate, you wouldn't be this passionate if it wasn't for real, the kitcat world is a small place, I'm sure somebody will know where it is. I would have also thought that once the Police put pressure on ebay they will reveal the address of the buyer, getting the Police to put the pressure maybe the hard thing.

Alan...

Status
Not open for further replies.