Mot today

JAMIE B.

After a couple of calls to vosa, they have now decided my buggy needs an mot 1 year after its sva

Put it in for its test today, mot tester was delighted because there are no brake test weights specified for the freestyle so he had to take it for a road test. But..... it started raining so he had to settle the brake test rollers. lol

Thankfully a pass  ;D

Will be taxed for 1st of May

I'm on night shft  :'(

hmalan

Jamie, Tried to tax my car on line and it came up as requiring an mot.

Rang DVLA and the nice lady agreed that as it shows first registered in May 2008 it doesn't, but stated that I couldn't tax on line, but could do this via the post office, and if I had any problems to fill in a V112 form.

Young girl in the post office asked for an MOT certificate and I explained to her that it didn't need one. She shouted to an older woman behind her who said, "is it a kit car" to which I replied "yes" and she then said, "that's fine it doesn't need one yet".

According to DVLA what counts is the date on the V5 of when it was first registered.

Unless the car was MOT'd before the SVA, which then causes a problem as it shows up on the system

Alan

Danny

Administrator
The MOT situation has always been a grey area but I found that if you just took the V5 in to tak it then they would not ask for an MOT but if you took the reminder in they wanted an MOT.

Either which way I was never really effected as I always had understanding MOT testers

;)

Danny