MOT yesterday......

Buggybloke

Took my buggy for it's yearly 'health check' yesterday......2 minor advisory points...... slight play in N/S/F/ top ball joint, and also in N/S/R 'Inner Track Rod End' -the 'ball-joint' on the extreme end of the 'locked' steering rack at the rear............ does anyone know how these are replaced, or where I can get new ones... nobody seems to stock them....
Or alternatively does anyone think it may be possible to make up a 'replaceable' one using a little engineering know-how, and a set of suspension ball joints, and some iternally threaded hexagonal bar?....... The original Blitz 2 design leaves the ball joints on the inner track rod ends open to the elements.... and I get it VERY dirty where I go off road....

Phaeton

Staff member
Buggybloke, most of us on here are Freestyle owners I think you are probably the only active Blitz owner. However having said that we may have the answer for you, can you get a picture of what it actually is. I have made tie-bars for the back of the Freestyles using LH/RH inserts welded into some tube, they can be seen here

DSC00258.jpg

But I'm not sure if it's the same on a Blitz.

Alan...

Buggybloke

Thanks for photo, Alan, ...will photo and add what I have,..... but your set-up looks good, i might be able to fabricate a similar solution.....