My Blitz 2

Steve

See what you mean about the seats, look really nice. 
Do you have much to do on the car? or is it ready for the road?

heeley

Thanks for that, Alan and Steve

I spotted the seats at the Kit car show at the NEC last year. Found them extremely comfortable, very light fibreglass shells but with just the right amount of give. I'd previously got hold of a pair of Cobra Aqua 4x4, waterproof etc. but they weighed a ton and were a little too wide and less comfortable. Only trouble with these new seats is drilling your own holes, "measure three times and drill once!" methinks.

To answer your question, Steve; brakes need adjusting, rear and front bumpers fitting, bodywork (have partially fabricated a rear engine grille)  and tidying up..that's about it really. I'll keep you posted.

Anyhow, once I get more organised I'll be posting some more photographs, the re-build is going well and hopefully I'll be able to answer any questions people might have in relation to Blitz 2 builds. This is my first posting to photobucket so you'll have to excuse a newbie.

I've purposely avoided posting in the "projects " section since my posts are going to come in fits and starts and haven't started at the beginning as it were. Hope that's O.K.

Right, now off to watch Lewis

Best regards

Heeley

Phaeton

Staff member
Just a tip on posting the images, if you sign onto photobucket & hover over an image you get a little box come up at the side of the image name. If you click there & then selct all the other images you want at the bottom of the page it says " Generate HTML & IMG code" you then get taken to another page one of the options is "
IMG images for message boards " copy all the test in there & paste into your post. I normally use the option above "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended "  that way it loads quicker & you can go off to look at images if you want.

Alan...

jason_l

Hi Mate,

Looks good. Looks like its really coming along. I have the same seats in my Freestyle but without the padding and in white. Like you say they are really comfy, even without the padding i was really surprised at how good they are.

Im loving the pod next to the steering wheel for all the dash controls  ;D Very good idea and looks really neat. Was it made from scratch or did you butcher something up to make it?

Jason :D

heeley

Hi Jason,

Thanks for comments.

Pod is glassfibre molded over shaped wooden core, which was then removed. Pod was then attached to standard mini steering column cowl by 22mm copper pipe (to carry the wiring)  and glassfibred to secure it. Finally body filler used to form "neck" and to skin pod. The whole thing was then rubbed down and sprayed.

It took a lot of time to get right, but I think it was worth it in the end.

Mini Mad Max

Wow a lot of neat bits on your buggy, it's really inspiring, although i'm still far away from the brightwork on my buggy build. Where abouts are you based? You should put yourself on the members map. It will be great to see you and your bug at a show some time.
I finally feel that the club is getting an even smattering of different buggies, club stand should look good in the future :D
Really great buggy!
Max

heeley

Thanks Max,

I've put myself on the map (Bristol, by the way)

Heeley

P.S.

Thanks also Alan for tips re: photobucket. Much better.

Steve

I finally feel that the club is getting an even smattering of different buggies, club stand should look good in the future

I know what you mean about the different buggies, it would be good to see some different buggies together.

esdebe

Yes, many different buggies on the same pitch at shows, it will look better than a few here and a few there.  The more the merrier

Simon

heeley

Hello there,

Well, I've finally (for the moment, anyway)  finished my Blitz rebuild, its had its MOT (three days ago)and just needed headlamps adjusting. Since I don't want to lose a months road tax I'm currently sorting out its oil leak, so at the beginning of August I'll be road legal.

The whole project was pretty involved, involving a stripdown to the frame, repaint and modifications to virtually the whole of the car.

The main purpose of this post though is to say to all you people out there how grateful I am that this forum exists and thank you for all the information I have picked up from it.

I guess Blitz owners are in the minority here and maybe there are those who need advice on certain aspects of their build or are maybe in the Bristol area and would like to take a look at another buggy in the flesh. Whatever, I visit this forum at least every couple of days and  if I can help any buggy owners out I'll do my best to.