National Kit Car Show Stoneleigh 6th & 7th May 2012

Danny

Administrator
I am bringing bacon and rolls and cheese... :)

Not sure what everyone else is doing..... :)

Steves2580

Danny":ripzn96g said:

Sounds good!!

I'll have a shopping spree in the local supermarket ;)

Steve ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
100% sure Bumble will not be there under his own steam, the ECU has still not arrived, just had a message that it was posted today. Not sure if that is the good or the bad news, the Megane was dropped off today to try to bleed the clutch or fit a new slave, when they got gearbox off, the dual-mass flywheel was fubar'd & taken the new clutch with it, so it's now going to cost £600-700 to sort :'(

Sorted a towbar which I'm fetching tomorrow, so Saturday morning will be tow bar fit, then electrics & then come down.

Alan...

Steves2580

Phaeton":g32poprw said:
100% sure Bumble will not be there under his own steam, the ECU has still not arrived, just had a message that it was posted today. Not sure if that is the good or the bad news, the Megane was dropped off today to try to bleed the clutch or fit a new slave, when they got gearbox off, the dual-mass flywheel was fubar'd & taken the new clutch with it, so it's now going to cost £600-700 to sort :'(

Sorted a towbar which I'm fetching tomorrow, so Saturday morning will be tow bar fit, then electrics & then come down.

Alan...

Fingers crossed for you Alan!!
Hope this go well Saturday ;)

Steve ;D

Steves2580

Steves2580":rlawzq7j said:
Danny":rlawzq7j said:

Sounds good!!

I'll have a shopping spree in the local supermarket ;)

Steve ;D

Nipped out of work this afternoon for a little shopping:-
cooking oil, washing up liquid, biscuits (loads, bargain's), bacon, sausage, eggs, burgers, sauces. Magners pear and orginal cider (yummy!) ;)
The misses is bringing some fresh bun's home tomorrow!

Just put the small frying pan and frapper thingy, on the side so I don't forget them.
Camping stuff is all out ready to load into the trailer, gas, cooker, air beds, 12v air pump, sleeping bag, ground sheet, tent, mallet, torch etc etc.

I also found a couple of tarp's, one in the garage, one round the back, they are massive!!
Probably be able to cover all the cars if the weather turns bad!! :(

I'm nearly as excited as Danny ;D ;D

Steve :D

Radar

hi guys , is there any spare space in the main tent for me to lay my head ??there was mention of 3 segragated rooms in it going spare . I'd like to camp but I only have my sleeping bag and thats all.All my camping gear and tent cooking gear etc is in storage as I have relocated to Wirral and 99% of my stuff is in storage until I complete my house purchase .I am living in rented accomodation out of half dozen cardboard boxes.

So can I bum breakfast on sunday from you guys and also bum tent space on Saturday night ? if you guys don't mind
much appreciated chaps

Radar

Steves2580

Radar":3gj89si0 said:
hi guys , is there any spare space in the main tent for me to lay my head ??there was mention of 3 segragated rooms in it going spare . I'd like to camp but I only have my sleeping bag and thats all.All my camping gear and tent cooking gear etc is in storage as I have relocated to Wirral and 99% of my stuff is in storage until I complete my house purchase .I am living in rented accomodation out of half dozen cardboard boxes.

So can I bum breakfast on sunday from you guys and also bum tent space on Saturday night ? if you guys don't mind
much appreciated chaps

Radar

Bags of room Radar!!
I've even got a spare air bed!!

Steve ;D

Radar

sounds brilliant thanks steve spare room and an air bed !!! see you tonight I am setting off soon ETA 4pm ish

Radar

Phaeton

Staff member
Bit wet

IMAG0504.jpg

IMAG0503.jpg

IMAG0502.jpg

Alan
Post left via Tapatalk glad it's not an Apple GayPhone

Radar

Stonleigh was pretty cold again this year , thanks to Steve I had somewhere to kip cheers again Steve. Had good company as usual and had a few laughs and lots and lots of biscuits ! (steve and his amazing never ending supply trailer) thanks for the beers Simon and Danny see you guys soon.

thanks for the hostpitality and good company boys

Radar

jason_l

Was a good show actually and was good to talk to everyone i did. Wanted to stay and chat longer but didnt want to upset my mate. I initially said to him i wouldnt be long talking to everyone and he wandered off to have a look about. Nearly 2 hours later and im still chatting away. lol didnt get a chance to talk to everyone though......

Big thanks to Steve for the ride in the beast. It was everything i thought it would be and alot more. I think you could tell how much i loved it with the big smile on my face. Want mine done so much more now. I actually went into work today to crack on with it. haha. I made a statement at the show that the thing will be built for Stoneleigh next year so i had best crack on with it i guess.....

Jason :)

Danny

Administrator
Well I am home only took about 4 hours to get back even though I had a breakdown.... yup

The throttle linkage collapsed and it jammed open.... Quite a hairy moment to say the least :)

Was a wicked show... Really did enjoy it :) Lots of new cars unveiled and on the sunday the show was very busy.

Max I forgot to give you some money.... pm your paypoo and I will stick the £5 in :)

Was good to meet Jason again and actually chat to you :) I also went out in steves buggy and bugger me it was quick.

Also steve 2580..... what a great host!! More food than you could shake a s stick at and it was all cooked to perfection :) Thanks a lot :)

Chaos Motor Sport (rich) nice to put a name to the face and of course chatting to everybody else

I will upload some photos to the site later tomorrow.

Also could anybody that took photos email them to me at [email protected] (of everything they took of the whole show) I am developing www.kitcarsuk.com (finally) and photos would go down a treat :)

All the best

Danny

Mini Mad Max

jason_l":3b8n30t4 said:
I made a statement at the show that the thing will be built for Stoneleigh next year so i had best crack on with it i guess.....
Jason :)
You really must have your's on the stand next year!! As do I, I suppose :p It was good to see you again even if it was only for a couple of minutes inbetween dropping off goodies at the van.

Danny":3b8n30t4 said:
Max I forgot to give you some money.... pm your paypoo and I will stick the £5 in :)
Danny
That's alright, you can get me a cuppa at next year's show :p

I enjoyed the show too... Managed to do everything i intended too! Bought lots of goodies, saw everyone, or at least i think i did :p I even managed to have a walk round the other club stands for a little bit. There were some great cars on show. That said my only disappointment was there seemed to be less trade stands this year than when i last came 2 years ago :-\ The stand looked good on the sunday, thought it was funny that the name muddybuggies was very fitting after the state of the ground on the saturday night :p
Thanks for the cuppa on the way home too Rich! Your buggy is an absolute monster!

Hope to be there next year in the buggy, let's see how the summer months go ;)
Max