New GS Moon owner!

nick9one1

Hey,

New here and never driven a buggy before.
I wanted something to have fun with this summer and it was a tough decision between a locost and a buggy, but the buggy won in the end.

Ive just won a 2009 GS Moon 260 on eBay for £875 and am looking forward to picking it up and having a blast this weekend!

apparently its never been registered with the dvla and just needs an £80 fee to get it on the road + Tax. Does this sound right? no SVA?

Thanks,
Nick

Steves2580

Hi Nick,

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like a bargain! Try to get the orginal bill of sale, this will have the details you need to get it registered.
Vin number etc!

Good luck with the DVLA! You might need an MOT too, before you can tax it, as it's a 2009 model.

Get some pictures up and have fun!!

Steve ;D

Mini Mad Max

Welcome Nick!
You got that for a good price :) I like the sounds of your plans too of a motorbike conversion, them mass produced buggies always seem a bit underpowered :p Have you made up your mind on what engine you might put in yet?
Max

nick9one1

Ok, I spoke to the seller today and he's not sure if he has the original bill of receipt, but he does have - "I HAVE THE EU CERTIFICATES AND ALL RELATAVE PAPER WORK FOR THE BUGGY." Will this make it more difficult to register on the road?

Phaeton

Staff member
Welcome to the club, any dealings with the DVLA is a black art I wish you luck. They are extremely difficult to deal with, it is all down to the person you get when you go in on the day, each seems to have their own way or doing things & which hoops they want you to jump through. Which is your local office, bearing in mind you can't ring them without speaking to the chickens in Swansea first.

Alan...

Skirrow

Good luck with the engine swap and getting it on the road. £875 is a bargain for something as fun as that and road legal.

stew_fox

Hi, have you taken delivery of your new toy yet? what do you think? have you managed to sort it out with DVLA?

keep us posted, p.s i have a 57 plate gs moon too

nick9one1

Unfortunately not, I had to push the collection back a week due to other commitments and on the morning I was due to collect I rang the seller to make sure he was still ok for me to come and he said 'oh im sorry didnt you get my msg on ebay?' I said 'no' and he said ' I had a fire in my garage the other night and the buggy and my van got damaged'.
So whether it was an insurance job or not I dont know... but I didnt end up collecting!

Steves2580

Gutted!
At least you won't have to deal with the muppets at DVLA!!

You'll find another, but probably not as cheap, (funny that, something that doesn't make enough getting damaged, so it can't sell) :eek:

Chin up, keep looking!

Steve.

stew_fox

thats a real shame... but as said you wont need to deal with DVLA, they are nothing but trouble LOL

keep looking, it took me about 2 months to find the perfect buggy and it was worth the wait...

smokey2010

That's fate mate beleave me dvla and getting a sva test is a nightmare just going though it myself waited 2 months to get a date back all in all it's taken over 3 months and that's with a canceled booking if your after something that road legal try your best to get one that's already done