New member just saying hi

Woody-r

Evening all,
Decided to join up after a conversation with an existing member on ebay ...
I have a dazon traveller that i saved from a life in a field unused .. i have owned it for a few months now and have realised parts arent easy to find ....
At the moment im considering an engine conversion but not sure what i can get to fit without reworking the whole rear end but watch this space
Regards rich

Woody-r

Cheers guys .... decided i should get it running as it is for the minute and then next winter when i clear the garage out i will probably go down the major modification route and go for a saab turbo lump thinking around the 250 bhp mark should be plenty

ChaosMS

HA HA 250bhp - better consider wheelie bars too! - that would be a monster with that kind of power!! - fun build though I look forward to seeing that one progress
Rich

Woody-r

Good thing with the saab lumps especially the 2.0 turbo is i can have 3 different ecu's that i can swap over within minutes going from 175bhp , 250 bhp and 300 bhp .....ecu's are only £30 each and i know of a few people that map them. .... im getting excited already ........ must stick to the plan tho .... going to change the thermostst and fit 2 new cooling fans over the weekend that should sort at least 1 issue lol
Rich

Phaeton

Staff member
Welcome to the madhouse, but please don;t do what some of the SLACKERS on here do, make things all nice & pretty polishing things, ;plastering walls in a garage instead of doing some real work & getting things running & out on the road.

Alan..

Danny

Administrator
hahahahahahahah

@phaeton :D :D :D

Dont you worry about us... we need to get our workspaces sorted then we can concentrate on the builds at hand :D

Woody-r

Dont worry the pretty garage isnt happening just yet ... thats hopefully in a couple of years when i can afford it .... hopefully picking up a gearbox for the dazon in the next week already fitted new cooling fans and sorted out some wiring so im halfway to getting it back on the road

Danny

Administrator
When I start a project I start it and I finish it so when I do get started there will be updates all the time :D

Woody-r

Awesome i do like to see a build thread
Managed to find an engine and gearbox for the dazon.... got it in the garage ready for when i get the time and motivation
e3b66776eee7de12bf6e41a8e5b495fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Woody-r

Well its out with the old should get time to get it back in over the weekend
ed820268f28508dc11cdad61e2f0a258.jpg

Woody-r

Unfortunately its only being replaced with the same engine at the moment but while its out im going to take lots of pictures and measurements so that i can work out what will fit or what will need to be cut or welded to fit something big in ...... never know may even look to loose a bit of weight from it and use a bike engine but will see ......

Danny

Administrator
Woody-r":2b5fc3ek said:
Unfortunately its only being replaced with the same engine at the moment but while its out im going to take lots of pictures and measurements so that i can work out what will fit or what will need to be cut or welded to fit something big in ...... never know may even look to loose a bit of weight from it and use a bike engine but will see ......

Yeah I need to see about squuzing my 2.0 in the mojo over winter... may try and see if I can get it ready for stoneleigh :D