New pedal box brake master cylinder

Danny

Administrator
I need a new brake master cylinder anybpdy know which one I need?

I am lost

Cheers

Dannny

esdebe

Its the standard type 3 MC for a mini unless you are looking to use one from a diffrent car with an integral reservoir.

Danny

Administrator
I am have the master cylinder from the mini but the reevoir is mounted wrong so I think you or dave said I needed a different one

Cheers

Danny

esdebe

Ok, the MC is fine but you need to remove the reservoir, knock out the pin and then prise it off. Then you can get some hose (i used a tefflon lined plumming hose with steal overbraid) . I also took some 8mm to 13mm copper reducing fittings with solderrings on them. I heated them up to remove the solder. I then (let them cool first) pushed the 13mm end into the MC and put the 8mm end into the braided hose and clamp it with a hose clip. At the other end I took an 8mm to 8mm connectior and used it to stiffen the hose I then tool a small lenght of hose that had an internal diamiter of 13mm and clamped this on teh outside of the braded hose that had the copper connector inside to stiffen and then pushed the ofhte end of this over the plasitc outlet on the reservoir and using a third clamp clamed the bigger hose on the MC. Repleat this for the seccond line. Find somewhere above the MC to mount the now remote reservoir and make a braket to hold it.....

Simon