Newark Kit Car Festival 15/16 June 2013

Radar

I am cooking and bringing the stuff to do so will I be allowed on the grounds to camp in my volvo minus the scorp ? as I sold it 10 mins ago / Can I tell them I am the club chairman or something or support car carrying all the stuff for the memebers or some such ??.

Like I said happy to carry some supplies in for you guys no probs but ley me know what and I will bring beer whatever so you guys can travel light just bring your own cups !!

let me know if you guys are pubbing or bbq /beer on a sunny eve my preference is chillin with a cookout /bbq

Phaeton

Staff member
Pete,

Just looked at the blurb that comes with the booking stuff, it specifically stands there will be no free passes this year, there has normally been 2, so you can try to blag it on the gate, but I don't hold out much hope. But if you're confident on the good weather, I'm with you on the BBQ.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
I will be blagging and doing my best to get in for freee......

If the weather is nice I am up for BBQ

Danny

Radar

I dont mind paying to get in Alan not a problem so long as they let me in and camp with my Volvo on the stand (probably without the scorpion in tow as I have sold it yesterday but it does not go for a few weeks yet) so my question is do I need a kit car to get past the main gate and onto the stand over night ? I seem to remember a few years back they had a rule road cars in a totally separate car park from the show ground ? If I can pay tio get in and get all the gear on the stand and car camp no problem !! :)

cheers Radar

Phaeton

Staff member
Pete,

Pay & come to the stand (59), they have put a bit about camping etc, on the stand as they usually do, all they ask is the kitcars are at the front, tents, support vehicles at the back, so there should be no issue.

Alan...

Radar

brilliant thats sorted then I may be towing the scorp after all as on the sunday after leaving Newark I will be towing it to the Grinnall factory in Bewdley worcs ' for them to service and solve a running issue I have before the new owner takes it in a months time .

so what shall I bring to save you guys having to carry to much ?

Radar

Radar

Dan,

I will bring a air bed and a sleeping bag for you so you dont need to try carry that stuff alan will bring a spare pop up tent for you and we will feed and water you so thats sorted (going home on sunday tho' so wiill need to take it with me you are just camping saturday right ?)

Radar

Danny

Administrator
Wicked so I dont need to bring a tent? Thats handy as hell :)

Yep I will be going home sunday as well :)

Phaeton

Staff member
I suspect the only others will be the 3 Welshakteers, & Dantantion, Otherwise known as, Simon, Steve & I along with Dannyboy

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
I will be there... alan are you def bringing me a tent?

If not let me know as I am leaving tomorrow to head to my parents.

Danny

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Phaeton

Staff member
Yes, I'll bring you a tent,

Pete, If you're dropping out can you let us know, just for making food arrangements.

Alan...

Radar

Alan, I bought the supplies today

24 bacon rashers
8 burgers (someone please bring another pack of 4 burgers ?? not frozen)
12 pork sausages
12 chesse slices
12 bread rolls
ketchup
burger relish
chilli relish (yum )
1 dozen eggs
5 tins beans
tea bags
coffee
sugar
Oh and 24 bottles of budweiser beer
12 finger rolls
two disposable BBQs
family pack of cheese and onion crisps
10 litres spring water

So heres what you guys only need to bring .. snacks (biscuits or such for use with tea & coffee enough for everyone ).
Cans of pop if anyone wants to ?
more beer if you think 24 or I might have 36 bottles is not enough . Bring some paper plates someone and bring your own mug or cup I dont think I have enough to go around . A spare cooker gas . The food is for those who said they are coming as is the beer you guys are welcome . Dan ....Alan is bringing you a tent I will bring you an airbed and sleeping bag and A MUG !! lol .

Definately coming as the supplies are now in my fridge

Have I forgotten anything ?
Oh if no one has a pop up gazebo ?? I have a tarp which I can tie to the luggage bars on my Volvo but need a couple of long poles for the other end or will strap to a muddy buggy roof if we can extend the height a little with some short poles duck tapes to the roll cage ?? any ideas alan ???

let me know if I forgot anything guys or if you are bringing anything specific
cheers
Radar