Newark Kit Car Festival 21-22nd June 2008

wot is the next big event then? we will have to try for a bigger attendance.

so going to newark are:

me (davew)
alan
matt b and boy
steve in the day

hav i missed anyone off?

simon (estebe) you coming?? anyone know if dave smart is going?

has any of the above people got the muddybuggies banner? could take it along and make it look like we are all together. might make it easier seen as my bug looks like no other and alan's in ratty!!!

Danny

Administrator
I have the Banner,

I could give it to simon, but he is not there on the saturday.

hmmmmm

Danny

Steve

Danny
Where about are you in relation to Hartwell, Northampton?
I have a friend who lives there, and I hope to see him before the show.

In the previous reply it states "Steve in the day" can someone please translate.
Yes I should be there with one of the daughters, (they are still fighting to see who is coming).

Danny
Best of luck with the engine.

Steve

esdebe

So who will be the entertainment if you don't go Dave?

Saying that I won't be there on the Saturday, as I have to go to a wedding, but I do intend to pop up on the Sunday (Danny, do you fancy being a pasenger and going for the one day on the sunday?)

Simon

funbuggydave

Entertainment? Surely you're all big enough and ugly enough to entertain yourselves :D
At least I won't be there to do anything stupid again :shock: Those poor salsa dancers in Barcelona better watch out though :wink:
See you all somewhere soon
Dave

alan wot is the best email address to get you on? i want to swap mobiles so that we can arrange to meet at newark this weekend. this is my first time at the show. travelling on my own so want to know i will be meeting up with some one when i get there.

you and ratty are still coming??

anyone that is going now got the banner? danny are you going to ride shot gun with simon on the sunday???

Phaeton

Staff member
muddybuggies hat phaeton dote plus dote com I'm working Friday night & as yet don't have a start time nor any idea of shift length so it maybe that it will be afternoon before I get there.

Alan...

will i be able to just park on the grounds somewhere and wait till i see someone with a buggy??

will they let you drive on to the grounds all day? or do they shut the gates at a set time?

Phaeton

Staff member
There will be 2 entrances operating, one for 'normal' cars & the other for kit cars, you will be able to drive in at any time. There's an area set out at the far end on the plan that says Any Kitcar, so that's probably a good place to start. What happened last year was a group didn't turn up so Simon & Danny commandeered their plot. It was more central so might try that again.

For my mobile number if you float your mouse over my ICQ number (which I don't have) with a nought at the front.

Alan...

well bbc weather said weekend weather would be nice in newark, now they say it is going to be sh1te :cry:

it's along way to drive for me just to sit in the rain.

think i will wait till friday before deciding to go or not.

is there ever good weather when a show is on?? it p1ssed down at mini in the park as well

Phaeton

Staff member
Just had another look, it's not looking good according to Metacheck, might have to consider Sunday only :-(

Alan...

Steve

Hi guys
I have promised the daughter that I am going, so I will be going Saturday and stopping over. You know what the weather forcasts are like. We were told that it was going to be horrible today but the sun has been shining most of the day.
Don't let the thought of a little rain put you off. If that was the case none of us would ever drive a buggy.
Lets rename it to "Bring a Brolly" weekend.

Phaeton

Staff member
Well MattBlack & me are coming down tomorrow & will make a decision on the camping later, but it will be after lunch as he has things to do in the morning.

Alan...