Newbie here

nescafe37

Hiya all. My name is chris and i have been looking to get a road legal buggy for a while now. The reason i joined this forum as i noticed its mainly about the mini based buggy. The reason this caught my eye was i built myself a rover 1.4 K series trike 5 years ago and recently upgraded the engine to a 1.8 semi auto (trip tronic) with push button gear change... Now its great fun in the trike but i was thinking how good it would be in a road legal buggy??? Lol.
Anyways im going to be lurking here for a while now until i find myself a buggy at the right price..
Cheers Chris

Radar

Welcome Chris,
if you've lurked a while you know the format ....there are a couple for sale road legal AND projects my advice ? buy road legal save yourself a ton of headaches get out on the road and come to some shows and roadtrips maybe ...much better than freezing your cobblers off on a draughty garage floor wondering why the hell you bought an unfinished kit in the first place :)

Radar

Phaeton

Staff member
Welcome Chris, I run a 1.8 Keries in the back of my buggy, I've been looking at the steppie as I quite fancy throwing one in the back, whether I ever get round to it is another matter, need to find a VERY cheap donor.

Alan...

nescafe37

Cheers Guys. Been watching the ASBO FreeStyle on the bay but just aint got the funds at the moment and i dont want to sell the trike to fund it..lol... And as regards to a cheap donor i got hold of a Rover 45 with the usual head gasket gone with 52k on the clock for under £150... Fitted new uprated gasket and moved the thermostat and jobs a good un..lol.

adrian

Hi Guys

Been looking at buggy's for a while, looking reading ect.

A lot of horror stories engines going pop chains snapping, is this the norm? don't buy Chinese do buy blah blah.

so id like to get a second hand road legal that can be well managed and parts are easy accessible here in the uk ,any advice truly appreciated.

is there local clubs and runs ? I live in Somerset (Yeovil) so if anyone's near that could show me around one and give advise, again really appreciate that, sorry to go on.

Cheers

Danny

Administrator
Hiya

If you want to find a buggy that is easy to maintain then a freestyle is it :-|) But you have to find one first :) Even though they are easy... its harder to find the time these days rather than fixing them:-S

Anything that you know the engine from ie ford mini K series etc the parts are going to fairly easily to source... I am actually toying with either chopping my buggy up and fitting a 1600 ecotec engine in or simply building another buggy... I want 5 gears and a nice cruising speed :)

Search ebay :)