Off With My Head

Danny

Administrator
Hell0,

Wish me luck, I am about to take my head off and do the valve stem oil seals and hopefully all will go to plan.... I hope anyway.

I will keep you posted

Danny

jerry

Dan,

Dont forget to torque up the head- wouldn't want it to fall off like your flywheel!!!!! :oops:

jerry :)

Danny

Administrator
wondered how long it would be before that came up - - - - - > AGAIN!!!

Cheers Jerry

Danny

jerry

Dan,

Quite normal for there to be carbon deposits on the piston crowns, and for the exhust valves/ ports to have a layer of carbon over them. scrape it out of the head, but dont touch the valve seats when scraping. these will need to be ground in. wipe grease between the piston and bores when they at the top of their stroke- this stops carbon deposits getting into the gap when scrapping thr crud off the pistons. as for the bore rusting, use a peice of 240 grit wet and dry and lubricate with oil, the polish the rust out using side to side rubs.dont go up and down the bore.

Phaeton

Staff member
"jerry"":dj41jsuh said:
Dan,

Dont forget to torque up the head- wouldn't want it to fall off like your flywheel!!!!! :oops:

jerry :)

Do tell, this sounds interesting :roll:

Phaeton

Staff member
Try not to use anything too sharp to scrape the carbon off, haven't seen any for ages but used to be able to get copper/brass brushes that fitted into a drill. Can't really use steel ones unless you are very careful

Alan...

iank

Can get little brass brushes for dremel type tools. Genuine dremel ones probably cost a kidney :shock:, but I'm sure there are cheaper ones :D

Danny

Administrator
marvellous, I will be going on saturday to the market cos I need a few things for work.

The story..... another time I think

Danny