Onyx Tomcat

I have a Onyx tomcat chassis and was wondering how much it is worth or has anyone changed the front and rear end to suit other engine set ups without any major hiccups

Phaeton

Staff member
Depends what state it's in & what state of build it's in. One sold on eBay a couple of weeks ago that was ready for SVA or claimed to be & went for £560, Can't find that one but I was very nearly tempted it looked sweet. This one however I did find This One

Depending where you are & how much you want I maybe interested.

Alan...

hi mines is much the same as the later one on ebay apart from it has fibrglass roof , i think i may look for an engine and fit it, do you know if the funbuggies body work fit the tomcat

Phaeton

Staff member
Don't think so but give Dave Smart a ring he knows lots more about this than I do, But if you do decide to sell & you pitch around £150-200 mark depending on condition/distance I would be interested.

Alan...

hi i have a tomcat, have a look in gallery on main site, - dave williams's freestyle in the freestyle album.

i compared maine to danny's at mini in the park. it apears to be wider so the floor pan panel would not fit. also, the diagnal bars on the sides are the opposite way so the checker plate side panels may not fit either.

front and rear are also a completely different shape to the mini based buggy. this is because the metro subframe used on rear is wider than mini. also the front of tomcat uses a cut down front subframe. if you have the fibreglass for the bonnet then you can make all the other panels as they are fairly flat basic shapes. best of luck.