Passed My Test

Mini Mad Max

Finally got the motivation i really need to finish the buggy. I passed my driving test today with only one fault. Well chuffed. Will be seeing you at Stoneleigh!
Max

Radar

Good on you Max , welcome to the world of tax on fuel and some time soon (hopefully) insurance costs and such :(

drive safe Max

Radar

CAW

O0 , Well done Max, yer passed mine 43 years ago, I just remember It lol ;) .................have fun ;D

Andy

collie

Well done Max, no doubt you'll be a safer driver than the rest of us!
I can just about remember passing my car and bike tests, on both I thought I had failed but survived unscathed.
Best advice I had was to drive as much as you can to build your confidence.

Mini Mad Max

Thanks you guys. It is great fun. I'm very conscious of the thin line i walk though at the moment being a young driver, so i can honestly say i have not driven like a goon, as i'd rather like to keep hold of my licence :p I topped up the little 106 thismorning with £20, didn't make much difference to the level in the tank :/ It's nice not to have to ask for lifts now :) I'm guessing it won't be long before i get angry that the buggy isn't finished yet haha.
Max

Steves2580

Well Done Fella!!

I feel a little road trip coming on!!

Hurry up with that buggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news, drive safe, keep working on the beast.

Steve.

Mini Mad Max

Hahaha thanks Steve. I may have to hire you and Rich full time so my buggy can be finished :p Gonna get some more serious progress done this weekend hopefully! Me thinks the idea of a Northern Buggy Tour can finally go ahead for this summer!
Max

Steves2580

Defo a Northern run!!

See if any of those Southern softies will come up??

Who might there be?
Me, You, Rich, Wagon, who else is there in our area??

We'll help, I'll have a work with Rich tomorrow.

Steve.

Mini Mad Max

There are the aforementioned and then there is Radar (Pete) across the Pennines. Then the next nearest would be Alan probably? We feel a tad isolated up here :p Thanks you guys, It'll be great to get the exhaust done!
Max

Phaeton

Staff member
Well done Max, congratulations, just remember 2 things,

1. Everybody else on the road is a complete & utter moron & IS trying to kill you
2. You can't actually drive as well as you think you can

Remember both of those & you'll enjoy a long & happy driving life.

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

Phaeton":30p89b6y said:

1. Everybody else on the road is a complete & utter moron & IS trying to kill you

Alan...
It's odd how many people say those things! I really have taken them on board. I had some moron woman in a people carrier try to drive out of a junction in front of me in a supermarket car park without even looking. So i correctly used my horn to let her know of my presence ;) I also live somewhere where tractors pulling out of gateways onto single track lanes is the norm so driving carefully is a survival skill. I understand that a crash in a peugeot 106 will not end well. I'm thinking of doing my pass plus too. You do some further things on car control which could be quite valuable.
Thanks again everyone :)
Max

Radar

Phaeton":14ub6yij said:

Alan...

Sagely advise Alan

Radar

jason_l

Well done Max buddy. Wont be long now and you will be driving thw buggy. More than certain you will beat me now as you will have the extra motivation.....

Jason :D

Mini Mad Max

Thanks Jason. I really do want the buggy finished now. I would be out there working but i have school work at the minute :-/
Max

wagon

Steves2580":13q9lr41 said:
Defo a Northern run!!

See if any of those Southern softies will come up??

Who might there be?
Me, You, Rich, Wagon, who else is there in our area??

We'll help, I'll have a work with Rich tomorrow.

Steve.

All I need to do is extract finger (and VISA) from rear and pass IVA ;)