pcd adaptors

HolyCount

Anybody know of anywhere that makes custom pcd adaptors ?  All the usual suspects supply standard metric to metric, but none do 101.6 (4") to whatever !

Angel Boy

I've had a hunt around and I had no joy either.  I'm assuming you want to go 4" to 100mm or similar?  If you do find somewhere I'd be interested to know for the future  ;D

Andy

Phaeton

Staff member
Kev,

Allegedly these guys do them according to 16vminiforum http://www.watsonsrally.co.uk/, but I couldn't see them on the site. Another thought that may or may not help you depending on brakes, but you can run swivel Metro hubs on a Mini subframe which will sort out the PCD. Another way is to run Metro wheel hub on a Mini stub axle, but it does push the wheel out 25mm which may or may not be what you want.

Alan...

drew355

Erm, something like these??

These are my single piece spacers pcd adaptors off my 355 replica.

Front and rears
2269056280082525508S425x425Q85.jpg

2110554250082525508S425x425Q85.jpg

2573323540082525508S425x425Q85.jpg

I also have 2 piece sets made for my F430 replica to change stud numbers. (In this case peugoet 406 coupe 4 stud to ferrari 5 stud)

Inner piece
2257413210082525508S425x425Q85.jpg

Outer piece
2050592680082525508S425x425Q85.jpg

They can be made from any hub to any wheel and any reasonable thickness. They are hub centric, the studs are cross drilled and pinned to prevent movement & the inner bolts are machined to be exactly trapped when the outer piece goes on to prevent them coming loose.

I think mine are 180mm on the rear of the 355 to give you an idea of size.

I havent had any of these made for a while & used to get them done in batches to try to keep the price down, so if anyone is interested, let me know & I will try to get back in touch with the machine shop that i used last time.

These arent cheap though, a set of 4 stud to 5 stud about 50mm front 80mm rears will set you back over £400.

I could get a price for as thin as possible 4 stud mini to 4 stud ????. If done in batches to convert to a more common standard stud pattern I may be able to get it down to something more pallatable

HolyCount

Those look rather tasty Drew  :)

Think I will end up getting a set of wheels from Raceways ---- they have blank 15's, 8 or 10" wide which can be drilled to suit.  Nice negative offset too.

Phaeton

Staff member
drew355":3iwwjuxr said:
These arent cheap though, a set of 4 stud to 5 stud about 50mm front 80mm rears will set you back over £400.
GULP!! That's more than my buggy is worth  :eek:

Alan...

HolyCount

These are the "Plan A" wheels at the moment:

silver-Racelite-10x15-1.jpg

racelite1-1.jpg

£143 each plus rubber.  Bit cheaper than the super-duper spacers  :D

drew355

Iye agreed!! They look good!

We have pretty much no option but to use the spacers on the replicas. As the initial qn was 'are pcd adaptors available?', I was just letting people know what is out there. Problem is, they are a major safety critical area & you dont want to skimp on quality. That combined with each set being custom made to your requirements means they aint cheap.

For the freestyle unless there is a wheel you REALLY want on your car, you are probably best off getting the wheels made to fit the mini pcd.

HolyCount

BTW Andy ---- I should mention that those wheels aren't for a freestyle, but going on to a trike project.

My freestyle was passed on to another member (and has since been passed on again) and I am building a trike now.  So most of my questions are actually trike orientated.  However, the expertise here is still so useful I stay (actually they can't get rid of me!!! ).

Trike is A+ Series powered and the set up is much like the freestyle back end, so many problems are the same.  ;D

Cage1380

There is a very easy option to change to 100mm PCD. I have done this on my buggy while doing the rear disc conversion and is perfect. If you take the 4 flanges down to your local engineering firm and ask them to put them on the mill and get them to machine 100mm PCD for 12mm holes (to take M12 wheels Studs) using this PCD and Stud size means that the orginal hole are removed and no weakening of the flanges. If you get the studs prior to getting the flanges machined, take these along with you and if there is any pocketing required on the back of the flange is needed to allow the disc to bolt upto the back of the flange, it can be done at the same time.
I'm not sure how this would work on drums though without looking at them first but the theroy should be the same.

HolyCount

Cheers Mark.  Have decided to get 10 x 15's from Raceways.  They get the wheels cast undrilled and can drill them for me to suit the mini pcd.

Steves2580

Hi Guys,

Sorry to revive an old thread!!

I've been looking at converting my MGF rear hubs to match the fronts, after removal of the rear wheel, a measure and a think!
I decided to go for PCD adapters ;)
Well, I didn't expect the problems that I had!
The adapters needed to be 4x95.25 to 4x100, could I find any? NOPE!

I then came accross Venon motorsport, http://www.venommotorsport.com/h&r-pcd-adapters.html
Turns out its only just down the road from me, so I gave them a call ;D

The chap was very helpful, and could order some for me "they can be with you in 7 - 10 days, they come in pairs, how many would you like?"
I thought that was good, only ever seen them as a four pack!
Well, he when told me the price :(
£150.00 per pair, delivered from Germany, gutted!!

So I went to work and started manufacturing ;D

I'll get some pictures on my build diary ;D

Steve.

Steves2580

Hi Andy,

I didn't get too much done on them, so thanks for the link!
I'll see how mine turn out, if they aren't right I'll make a purchase ;D

Thanks again,

Steve ;D