pick up new buggy tomorrow

tiggersmini

Got a long day tomorrow as of to bath from norwich to pick up the new buggy, something like a 450 mile round trip. Picked up the hire trailer today, hoping to leave around 7am, and hoping to get back late afternoon, or atleast while it is still light.
Boyd

tiggersmini

Had a long day yesterday, left at 7.15 got to bath around 12.15. Had a quick blast in the buggy, then put it on the trailor, the bed was only just wide enough for the front wheels, so drove it up and got the front wheels on the trailor, jacked the back and pushed the buggy on, one rear wheel was on the deck and the other one was balanced on the lip. got it strapped down and the buggy did not move an inch. Got home around 19.15, all in all had a good trip only got held up by the bank holiday roadworks and a caravan being propped up by the central reservation.
Will try to put some picts up soon.
Changed the wheels today, fitted a quick release steering wheel, and had a look around the buggy. The front offside wheel arch brace is broken, and the tie bar is bent so got a few jobs to do. Going to change all the arches as they are a bit small for the wheels.
Will keep updating.

http://s828.photobucket.com/albums/zz20 ... ng%20saga/

Boyd

Steves2580

Nice Buggy!! Like the new wheels ;D

Thought I'd help you with the pictures, hope you don't mind!

041.jpg

039.jpg

Steve.

Phaeton

Staff member
Boyd, There's a couple of ways of doing pictures, if you just have the link http://etc then you just put that between "["img]""[/img]" Tags ignore the " they are just there to get the tags to display. But as you're using Photobucket you can tag the photos you want to use & then at the bottom is a Blue Band that says something like generate tags blah blah blah. Clicking on there & copy the code it shows.

Alan...

BRUC3

Are the front and rear wheels different? They look as if the lips are different?

Loving the rear view mirror! Looks a proper tidy buggy!

Steves2580

tiggersmini":svsanzha said:
Cheers for that steve. How did you get the pictures up, when I tried it kept saying the pict was to big.
Boyd

Hi Boyd,
No problem, with the photo!
Did you understand Alan's instructions??
Simples ;D

Steve.

tiggersmini

Had a busy week getting the buggy ready for a local show over the weekend.
Got the quick release hub fitted, fitted the uprated tie bars, with nylon bushes, replaced, sprayed and fitted the arches, made up the rear braces, fitted front indicators, changed the wing mirrors.
Had a problem as the buggy was not charging, noticed the ignition light was not coming on when I switched the ignition on, so I did a continuity check on the exciter wire from the alternator to the lamp found the wire was broken, so run another wire in and working fine now. Looks like I'm gonna have some fun sorting out the wiring, might just start again when I get a new speedo.
The wheels are different, rears are 7x13" ultarlights mainly they look dam good, also for gearing, and to make the back end sit out abit further. Front are 6x12" superlights mainly for the steering side as the 7x13" are supposed to be abit on the heavy side and are also not good for tram lining.
Right will now try and post some pictures, you might get some or something entirely different.

rear end completed
020.jpg

Quick release boss fitted
023.jpg

Trial fit of the roof box
022.jpg

The bent tie bar removed lined up to the near side tie bar.
021.jpg

Rear arches
019.jpg

Front end completed
018.jpg

rear wheel brace offered up
017.jpg

Steves2580

Simple, on photobucket.
Hold curser over the picture you want, a drop down box will appear under the picture, in that drop down box there is four shortcuts.
Click on the IMG one at the bottom (it will turn blue), right click copy, then paste it onto your post!

Hope this is understandable ;D

Steve.

Steves2580

Looking great Boyd!

Keep up the good work, then when you've done that you can help the rest of us ;D ;D

Steve.

tiggersmini

Yes the rear arch braces where my own desgin, need a little tweeking as the wheels are rubbing on the steel work when going over a bump, plus where they are bolted onto the subframe is a bit weak, but got a few ideas. Took it out for a weekend weekend camping, not sure if the top box had any thing to do with it but was very twitchy on the front, so gonna get the tracking done. Seems to be running very rich as well, hesitant when I put my foot down and got no go or speed, so gonna renew the plugs, check the compression and timing, then sort the fueling out.
Boyd

tiggersmini

Been doing the odd bits here and there on the buggy, got the rear arches re done and now hang from the top shock mount, hence they are a lot more solid.
006.jpg

Then been getting my new rear led lights sorted.
lights put on plate to get an idea of size and shape
001.jpg

Shape cut out and used angle grinder to get a better shape
002.jpg

trial fittment of lights and reflector
003.jpg

reflector bolted in place and light in place with wires pulled through.
005.jpg

Been away with work alot recently, so not alot done. Now just got to drill and fix light, then fix onto buggy, paint and wire up.

tiggersmini

Hi all been busy with work but been doing bits on the buggy, rear lights all done and fixed on, now sorting out the number plate and fog light going for a center look, got backing plate made up this week now just got to get it painted this weekend, then wire it all up.

Sorry about the fuzzy picture.
040-1.jpg

a close up

043.jpg

039-1.jpg

Cut out and lined up to see how it looks
045.jpg

Lined up on buggy with led lights fitted as well
003-1.jpg

tiggersmini

Rear number plate and fog light plate now painted and bolted in place.
005-1.jpg

Close up of rear number plate with led number plate lights and led fog light
006-1.jpg

Not a very good pict, but a pict with rear lights working nice a bright
007.jpg

Nice and small but very bright
009.jpg

Led fog light nice and bright
010.jpg

Have ordered some spiral wrap just waiting for it to arrive so I can finish that job off, on to the next job, got to sort out the seats as the fiber glass holding the seats in place has started to crack thats for this week.

tiggersmini

Now I seem to have some time at home I thought I would start or should that be finish the buggy.

got the interior stripped fuel tank drained and removed, you can see where it has leaked fuel on the floor panels.

Getting the engine out

Engine finally out has a silly moment when the engine kept tipping the after scratching my head and looking around found that I forgot to remove the hand break cables from the back of the subframe