pick up new buggy tomorrow

tiggersmini

Does anyone know what shade of purple my buggy is as got some touching up to do. Been busy will put photos up soon. I did find the purple on the front when I was rubbing it down the other day.
Boyd

tiggersmini

My other engine finally back in, was pleasantly suprised as I managed to turn it over by hand considering it has sat in the garage under a old towel for a good five years. Found the usual when the suspension etc was stripped, bushes knackered, all the boots split one of the hub nuts was only finger tight and a split pin to stop it coming undone. So I cleaned and painted top and bottom arms, handbrake plates. Renewed all the bushes with orange poly ones, found some new boots that are blue as well. Shocks had had it so replaced with gaz adjustables. Re shimmed all the ball joints as they were all loose. Cleaned and sprayed the subframe, refitted all and got it all back on the buggy.

tiggersmini

Started on the front panel gonna move all the switches and found a a crack as in the picture, have fiber glassed and filled the holes and have sprayed, will put finished pictures up soon. Stripped out all the wiring and ordered a new loom from premier wiring. also been getting new fuse boxes relays etc. Also moved the cover for the brake/clutch cylinders closer as there was a big gap and will give more leg room for passenger. Been doing lots of other bits but need to take pictures and do more regular updates.
Boyd

tiggersmini

Cleaned up the exhaust manifold and sprayed it matt black with high temp exhaust paint, also fitted the the carb hoping it will go well with the engine that I have put in.
I have also made a bracket for the accelerator cable and some extension plates for the headlights as I was fed up every time I took the nose off I had to move the lights, but the pictures did not load up and I deleted the card, will take some more pictures and put them up.
Boyd

tiggersmini

Thought I would do an update

Front nose cone has now had the old switch and light holes fiber glassed over and smoothed over with good old filler, primed rubbed down and sprayed, got some plans to finish it off but that will be a winter job.

Front end suspension now done, again renewed all the bushes will poly bushes, cleaned and sprayed the upper and lower suspension arms, tightened up the ball joints, cleaned and sprayed the front end, it's a different shade but it will not be seen.
Aslo got new gaz shocks.
Some how I managed to strip the lower part of the top off side ball joint thread so will have to redo the ball joint.

Made up a throttle cable bracket as the webber has no way of holding the cable in place this will be bolted onto the manifold as it is the most convient place.

Also made a bracket so I can put a couple of return springs that will go onto the throttle linkage as the ones on the webber are not strong enough.

Made a couple of extension brackets for the lights as I was getting fed up of having to move the lights every time I took the front nose cone off.
All ready to be sprayed.
Boyd

tiggersmini

Took a temp sender cut off the top terminal and the bottom end but not to far up.

Gradually drilled out and removed the inner bit and put a fine 10mm tap down about half way.

The final fitting of the new temperature sender screwed into the old temperature sender.

tiggersmini

Started making a Cad fuel tank. Here is the overall cut out with the baffles come strengheners abeit a bit floopy.

Theses are two trays that sit underneath the tank where the holes are. This is where the fuel pick ups will be located.

Straws denote the internal fuel pipes they will be welded to the baffles.

Both trays fitted to the underneath or the tank. I have drilled a hole in each tray this will have a plug in and used to drain either side of the tank.

Now with the float sender in place.

Filler neck in place.

Top view have also put in a breather pipe.

Front view. Made a kind of semi circle for the tunnel.