position adjustable pedal box

Baloo

as l am 6'4 l always struggle to fit into other peoples buggies so on this rebiuld l am mounting the pedal box to siut my long legs but this will mean quite a few other folk wont be able to reach the pedals, to over come this l was thinking of making the pedal box move for and aft, first idea was a sieres of holes for the pedal box to bolt to, then l got to thinking about seat runners can anyone see why you couldent mount the pedal box on a pair of seat runners so they could be moved back and forward to suit ?? clearly you would need flexi hoses coming out of the master cylinders but thats no issue is it

Andy

CAW

Looks like we'll have to bring a cushion and blocks of wood on pedals ;)

Like your thinking Andy with the seat runners, the only thing I can think of is the runners are pretty thin metal so the pressure on braking, think leverage on the frame over time might weaken the runner metal. saying all that you might not have any issues at all O0

Andy

CAW

:) , lol, ......yes but ...no but..., what I ment was the uprights of the pedal frame however constructed would be welded to the seat inner runner and over time the weld could crack away from the parent metal (runner) as is thinish. The leverage from Andys girder legs ;D

Anyway looks like hes solved his pedal set up by using left overs from Robot Wars or using heavy duty cheese knives :)

Andy

Baloo

''Left a Bit''":3s5ejef1 said:
The same pressure that goes the other way and presses against the seat runners you use normally you mean? ;)

that was exactly my line of thinking "each force has an opposite and equal reaction" and all that malarky, what ever effort l push into the pedals the seat runners must already withstand ?, and every car manafacturer must allow for a 20 stone person swinging in to the seat on a daily basis and doing an emergency stopy now and then ??
anyway its no longer an issue l have decided if you legs arnt the same lenght as mine then thats your problem :eek: ;D